Hi @dc1515 try this
Thanks @ule I will roll the dice with the least device.
I have this working well with Kodi running on a Windows machine and my Onkyo TX-NR609… thanks for that! Should it also work with a Chromecast Audio? I could only find one post via a search.
Unfortunately, Chromecast Audio does not support DLNA…
I’m struggling with this as well, as I have several quality Bluetooth speakers and would like to populate them with Chromecasts.
Forget it, remembering what i did wrong, haha
Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but whenever I try to use this it just crashes my SmartThings App. I’m trying to use it w/a Logitech Media Server setup and I’ve added the Connector SmartApp, run that, then add a device (or even just try to click on the player shown as a ‘thing’) and it immediately crashes the actual app on my phone.
Really not certain what’s going on - DLNA from the software works fine via Windows Media Player on my PC.
Edit: Just realized I also have a Plex and WHS DLNA server on the same machine as LMS. All show up fine on WMP, but might be the issue? No idea.
- Have you installed the device type ?
when a new dlna player is installed, the default name is “(your device name) speaker” , if you have a device named “thing” is not a speaker, “thing” its a common name to devices who has not recognized by smartthings, maybe other device you have.
My suggestion its to uninstall the MediaRenderer Connect and the Player device type, and start again the process, its easy just follow the instructions
Please read the instructions in github page
I did actually do that (uninstall/delete and reinstall) - both the connector and the device type. Tried a few times to make sure I wasn’t screwing something up. The names of DLNA items have come up after running the connector, and then I’ve configured (named, selected, etc.) Once I select that item, it crashes the app.
In the IDE/web interface, the DLNA speaker device does come up correctly, the simulation displays correctly, etc., but not in the app.
Just to run through my process (v2 Hub/app):
- Start MediaRenderer (Connect) App, run discovery process. Select device one it appears. Only one appears even though there are at least 3 DLNA devices on my network and 3 ‘outputs’ for the Logitech Squeezebox (2 Radio’s and a Boom)
- Check the one that appears in connector, press done.
- Press done again.
- Press done again (exits MediaRenderer Connect App)
- Under ‘Things’, ‘Squeezebox Radio…’ now appears. Selecting it crashes the app immediately. Nothing in the IDE log when it happens.
- In Marketplace, Things, select ‘Not Yet configured (1)’ and there is a DLNA Player. Select it.
- Rename to something else just to shorten name.
- Select a room.
- Click Next.
- App asks about smart apps to control/automate, I just click done.
- When I select the new item/device I added (now with the new name) under things or the room, app immediately crashes. (again, no logging of anything in live logging)
It appears the device is sending a message to the app when the app sends a refresh in the device events list. It’s an unknown message type, value of “08557fb6a74822f2e0b5a8faead415a8”.
What am I missing?
I installed renderer connect and DLNA player.
I was able to successfully locate my receiver (Sony STR-DN1050) I was able to control the receiver.
how do I setup voice notification now? I’m using this receiver as a test until I pick up a DLNA speaker.
Picked up a WD TV - took a long while for ST to find it (hub v2). Works as described. Having issues with the TTS functions, but Internet radio and dogs barking works well. Beyond excited to see what I can do with this - big thank you to @ule for all the work. I am noticing that in some of the apps - I need it play with the code since it isnt sonos but in other apps I see it is setup for both. Keep up the good work, I can see the changes.
- Wish I could shorten the lag time. Is this since it is pulling audio from the web? With the WDTV can I use a USB stick and store media files on it to play from? example dogs barking? It doesnt seem very realistic if the dogs start barking 8 seconds after a button is pressed… LOL
I am also having this problem, any progress?
Some dogs are sleepy and it takes them a moment to firgure out what is going on…
Hi @pizzinini, Great news, Ivona TTS still in beta, I need to know how respond, please tell me if you have some issue.
(sorry - previous post was reply to wrong post)
The Sabrent device works fine with the new iona voices - the last part of messages do not get cut off with iona. No more issues.
Have you had success keeping the Sabrent connected over WIFI? I gave up on it a few weeks ago for a cobblestone.
I plugged it into a cheap $2.50 Christmas lights timer from ikea that turns it off/on at 3am in the morning every day. That does the trick.
I’m getting an error as I finish discovery with MediaRendererConnect.
It finds my device (yay) I tap Done & it takes me back a page, then I click Done again.
At that point I get “Failed to save page: MainPage”
Hi @mdawson, Could you share the log when error occurs. Thanks
HI @mdawson, Have you installed the player device type?, remember this project use 2 files, a mediaRenderer connect and the device type.