[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

All commands will be executed through the first user in the config file if no user is provide.

I assumed that groovy would work in a way that would let parameters be optional so you wouldn’t have to pass it if you didnt want to, however it seems it doesn’t work this way.

There is probably a way to do it, I just need to figure out how…

1 Like

Cool, good to know. For now I’ll run w/my edited DTH and if you are able to make the user optional I’ll be OK, and if not I’ll just keep editing it out of the DTH (or leave it in and update my pistons if I decide I want/need multi-user).

Cool - great to know we’ve figured this out! :smiley:

@ghesp

would you update the file in github… to avoid others bump into this as well

Already done :slight_smile:

@ghesp

odd it doesnt show me up as an update from git in ST

1 Like

It may take a bit to show up - I’m not seeing an update available in the IDE yet either. Actually, github also shows last update to DTH is a day ago…

@ghesp

Should we go back to the non-logging index file? Any significant performance penalty from having logging enabled?

Nah, leave it it’s fine. I’ve updated the index.js file too so it accepts users through the custom command, and also the DTH to add this in.

Not a big deal if you don’t have this as the custom commands are limited via the SDK anyway for now

@ghesp

A different question all together.
I have a couple cast enabled speakers in different rooms of the house (Sony SGH1) that I use to have the all house playing the same music wherever as I have defined them as groups.

Would you know if there is a way to send the broadcast to a specific group?

Currently only the Google home plays the broadcast.

I’m receiving a few google mini Next Week or so and can test this further as well.

Nope, Google doesn’t support this.
I have asked them and they said to send it as a suggestion via the feedback option in the Google Home app…

Bandits… There must be way as you can ask google to play music in a specific speaker…

For example OK google, play Nat King Cole from spotify in Sony.

You can ask your Google Home or Assistant to play music on a specific speaker or group of speakers, but you can’t broadcast to a specific speaker at all.

The SDK though doesn’t let you start music playing. I tried to implement it and then it failed when I realised it wasnt possible

Updated to new DTH and downloaded zip of the project from your github and updated, edited config for my info. and BOOM - all is working, including customBroadcast w/out user parameter.

Fantastic - thanks very much @ghesp & @hmin03 for working this out.

Off to update my pistons… :slight_smile:

Did anyone have been able to make it work in other language?

@ghesp do you plan on having assistant relay able to send commands as if we spoke to it? Like play x using YouTube on y device?

Woo just finished installing it on my pi, was quite a ride
Gotta find a way to broadcast to a single google home, right now it triggers all my devices

Now lets see if i can get this on webcore

Ok so just had a little chat with google rep, the broadcast command will trigger all google home devices under your account, no way around this
THey told me that the “intercom” feature MIGHT be the solution for this, but its all speculation at this point
OH well!

NVM
10 char

I actually use this for individual home notifications (for speaker groups as well). I’ll use that until this is at release level (just in case pistons have to be redone at some point :wink: @Danabw) .

1 Like

TTS using what exactly?

Not sure if you’re replying to me, but the linked cast-web SmartApp uses ST TTS from what I can tell.