[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Same here. Any solution that you found?

I’m been trying to follow the instructions from Ryan780. when I execute npm install, I get an error:

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(403): https://storage.googleapis.com/grpc-pr ecompiled-binaries/node/grpc/v1.8.0/node-v64-linux-arm-glibc.tar.gz

help

you have a space in the url between r and e

https://storage.googleapis.com/grpc-precompiled-binaries/node/grpc/v1.8.0/node-v64-linux-arm-glibc.tar.gz

not
https://storage.googleapis.com/grpc-pr ecompiled-binaries/node/grpc/v1.8.0/node-v64-linux-arm-glibc.tar.gz

Oh, oops, that was my cut and paste from the screen. I didn’t compile it, just downloaded as is and tried to run the install and that is what I got. When I just click on the link above in a browser I get:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied
Access denied.
Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to grpc-precompiled-binaries/node/grpc/v1.8.0/node-v64-linux-arm-glibc.tar.gz.

Im assuming you’re not in the directory that contains the relay you downloaded. Clicking the link wont work.

You need to go into the directory and execute the commands from there

1 Like

Just like it says in the directions. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. Here are the instructions I followed

1. cd ~
    2.sudo apt-get install -y libasound2-dev
    3.git clone GitHub - greghesp/assistant-relay: A Node.js server that allows for sending commands to Google Home/Assistant from endpoints
    4.cd assistant-realy
    5.Copy your .json file from above into the assistant-relay folder on your pi. I use WinSCP to do this, but however you choose to do it, you have to get it there.
    6.npm install

When I execute step 6 I get the 403 error seen above.

What pi are you running it on?

I’m going to assume one of the repos has an issue

I’ve started with Pi Zero W and when I started running into errors, I assumed it wouldn’t run on that so I grabbed a Pi 3 Model B and it was exactly the same errors.

Hmmm it’s trying to download libraries for assistant from Google which is out of my control.

Anyone else having this issue

Assistant Relay is not supported on the Pi Zero W because the assistant SDK is not supported on ARM6 processors.
@ghesp you were the one who first figured that out for me. :slight_smile:

Pi 3 or Pi 3 B+? You are changing the directory in step 4?

It is a Pi 3. Yes to changing directory in step 4. Followed exactly what you wrote in your tutorial (which was awesome for noobs like me)

What operating system do you have installed on your Pi? Raspbian Stretch?

Raspbian Stretch with desktop

I build a new image on another mSD card tonight and give it a try as well but that was the version that i used before. You did all the previous setup to install node as well?

Yes, I followed everything you wrote down…maybe I’ll do that as well, I’ll just wipe everything out and start from scratch…I’ll report back when I try it…maybe somewhere along the way when I started with Pi zero then switched to pi3 something go messed up.

You didn’t just move the Micro SD card from the Zero to the 3 did you? Unfortunately you can’t do that. There are options set when you boot up the Pi for the first time that are stored within the OS that will cause issues. You can only swap MicroSD cards within the same type of Pi.

I was afraid you were going to say that. Okay, so I got another SD card and started from the very beginning. the previous error is now gone. I run the “node configBuilder.js” to add the client secret file and define the name and port. But when I run “node index.js” I get

Blockquote

assistant-relay@1.0.1 start /home/pi/assistant-relay
node index.js
module.js:545
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘C:\Users\Greg\Documents\Projects\assistant->relay\greg_client_secret.json’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:543:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:470:25)
at Module.require (module.js:593:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at new Auth (/home/pi/assistant-relay/node_modules/google->assistant/components/auth.js:26:15)
at new GoogleAssistant (/home/pi/assistant-relay/node_modules/google-assistant/index.js:21:16)
at /home/pi/assistant-relay/index.js:175:26
at replenish (/home/pi/assistant-relay/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:998:17)
at /home/pi/assistant-relay/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:1002:9
at Object.eachOfLimit (/home/pi/assistant-relay/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:1027:24)
at Object. (/home/pi/assistant-relay/index.js:173:7)
at Module._compile (module.js:649:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:660:10)
at Module.load (module.js:561:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:501:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:493:3)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! assistant-relay@1.0.1 start: node index.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the assistant-relay@1.0.1 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2018-05-09T03_19_23_889Z-debug.log

Edit: Figured it out. edited the config.json file. Thanks for the help Greg and Ryan. really appreciate it.

Delete your config.json file and create a blank document and start with the following contents.

{"language":"en-US","users":{},"port":"3000"}

That should fix that problem.