[RELEASE] cast-web v1.2.1 - Chromecast Integration (EDGE Driver discussion begins in post 1668)

Is there anyway to show presets in the new ST app? I can’t seem to find them.
Even though they still appear in the old appp.

Thanks

Go to the new app, smartapps and flip webcast to off .
Then go back to the old app and try again.
Hope it works

I forgot to come back and say I got it working.

Turns out I installed the first device handler twice, so even though I thought I’d installed everything correctly I hadn’t.

So as I worked back and went through the check boxes I found my error.

I did however have a simular question about changing / adding presets now I have it installed correctly.

I suspect there’s no way to avoid this, @vervallsweg , but I wonder if you have any guesses. When playing a file (PlayTrack) to my Google speaker (via the cast-api), prior to playing the file, the Google Speaker plays an audible tone. It’s kind of like an audio acknowledgement that it is waking up to do something. Does that make sense?

I wish there was a way to have it simply play the file and not sound a tone first. Like I said, this is probably something coded into the Google speaker and not something we can control. Just thought I’d throw out the long shot question.

I can’t input the API address in the new smartthings app. When I try in the classic app it says “Something’s Wrong we can’t load your screen right now”.

1 Like

I had a similar problem - all 9 devices would be found, but when I tried to add they ‘disappeared’. I tried it again selecting just one of the 9 devices and it worked. I then went back and was able to add all 9 devices.

Other than some oddities that ended up resolving themselves, this was a breeze on the Synology.
I already had Docker and Node.JS running - I simply grabbed one of the versions of cast-web-api from the registry and it went super smooth. Dealing with Smartthings vs. Smartthings Classic was about the most annoying.

Me too! I am trying to install it for the first time and don’t see anyplace to put the API address.

I am pretty sure that you cannot install from the new app. So, this one will go away for new instances once they shutter the classic app.

That field was only available in the old app. So if you’re setting this up for the first time and only have the new app, it won’t work. No one has stepped forward yet to fix/rewrite the app so it has that field.

1 Like

Test api connection not working and cant see any devices. I followed all instructions and tried to start from begging but no luck. Can anyone identify something I can’t see?!
(upload://72O1kJNaEA6v7Rcgfa1bFq32YfQ.jpeg)

The api address you’ve entered in the smartapp doesn’t have “:3000”.

Tried that still no luck, but following instructions that was not required

1. Go to: ‘Marketplace’ > ‘Smartapps’ > ‘+ My Apps’ > Cast web - service manager
  2. Enter your cast-web-api address. The API will output something looking like this http://192.168.2.105:3000/ on startup.
    Don’t copy the whole thing, just enter the above underlined part without http:// or any slashes.
  3. Tap ‘Discover devices’
  4. Select your devices and click ‘Done’
1 Like

I have fixed this. The change is trivial.

Go to your smartapp in the IDE, find line 43. Replace “string” with “text”
Save and publish.
The next time you load the smartapp it will look like this:

6 Likes

Thanks! I’m a little sheepish that I didn’t look into it myself.

How did you pick the IP address, I have the same issue you described.

Hi all, when I test API connection on smartthings classic app nothing happens, it does not recognize any of the devices. Here is the log I get

Somebody knows why after setting up, all devices are still as ¨cast-web-device¨ names??

im trying to controlling them but it seems they doesnt respond

Test API connection is OK between server and smartapp