[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

I just built a piston using an askAlexa macro condition to trigger a routine. I then went back and edited it.
I did not have any problems

Edit - that was on my android. I will try it on my ios in the morning and let you know.

Weird. I did update to iOS 10.0.2 today. That’s the only thing I can think of that’s different than the last time it worked.

Do you have another device you can test it on?

Unfortunately, I do not.

This happens to me too. I can’t recall exactly the type of Piston, however if I try to edit some conditions, and they have complicated ‘if true…’ parts, when click to edit those, I get a long loading circle and then ST crash. I fix it by removing the condition and readding it again… It’s a pain though.

Go to IDE and make sure that you don’t have any blank or ghost Routines that you didn’t create. People have reported this before and it’s crashed other apps. Just a thought…

I kept getting the same thing were editing routine crashed and gave a (null) message. Like a previous suggestion I noticed a ghost routine. Deleted it. Now CoRE works fine. It also affected my ability to open up rules within the Talking Alarm Clock app.

Speaking of thoughts…your name tag has a cake next to it. Was wondering what that meant…

Happy 2 years anniversary!!

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for the insight. I just checked on the IDE, but where do I find the routines? If I click on my location, then expand ‘Smartapps’, I get a list under ‘Hello home’ that shows my routines plus some other things too:

The only routines I have in the app are: Good morning, Good Night, Goodbye and I’m back.

Can I go ahead and remove the others? (they seem useful)…

GOT IT! I removed the ghost routine from IDE and CoRE is working again! Thanks!

4 Likes

Where are the routines found in the IDE?

Click on My Hubs> in the Location field click on your hub> click on List SmartApps> you will see your Routines> click on Edit to remove any ghost routines.

Thanks, so I was in the right place. Please see post above, (post) I seem to have ‘other’ things, which do not appear as ‘routines’ in my android view, are these ‘ghosts’? (Like I said there, they seem useful)

Pretty sure those are the system routines used by SmartThings. I have the same as yours except I had one called “Phrase” that was empty which was my ghost routine.

I’m interested what do you class as a ghost app.
I suppose it is probably too late now but did you take a screenshot.
All of my entries look to be genuine but I’m interested to see someone’s ghost!!

Got it, thanks. I will continue to monitor the situation with regards to editing pistons and the app crashing.

Whatever you do, DON’T delete Weather Station — that’s what gives you the sunrise/sunset times. Ask me how I know :blush:

EDIT: On 2nd thought, DON’T ask me how I know :laughing:

5 Likes

I didn’t take a screenshot, but it did show up in my mobile app. It was just a routine named “Phrase” that was blank. I couldn’t even delete in the app so I had to go into the IDE.

Ok. Thanks.

How DO you know? :blush:

2 Likes