[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

@ady624, it is back. One of my just fixed pistons is corrupt again. Not even 30 minutes…

Thoughts?

Found a second one I JUST fixed, in fact posted screenshots above, and it too is again corrupt…

J

Oh snap, unless ST is at it again… this is truly weird… could you reboot your hub and restart the ST app please?

Will do…

Feels as if your state just won’t save… any other apps have similar issues?

Question, once you go into editing a piston, do you tap Done to save it?

I do not use a lot of apps. I have migrated most of them to the more Core-reliable, and more configurable way of doing things. My ST native modes have been failing like others have reported…

Short answer, can’t really tell.

Only one other app that I know is going bonkers is User Lock Manager.
It is no longer, as of 1 (2??) day ago, reporting the user that is unlocking the door.
Haven’t looked into the issue yet.

J

Always!!! [10 chars]

Power pulled. Left off for 5-8 mins. Back up & running. Will report if it made a difference.

2 Likes

Dunno if this did it @ady624, but so far no new corruptions after fixing all pistons. Guess tomorrow will tell! Again, my thanks for your assistance.

J

2 Likes

@ady624 Sorry I wan’t following this closely – has describeCommands() querying been implemented? If so, what is the format, as I’d like to add it to DTHs I’ve released. Thank you.

Sorry, not yet but working on it

1 Like

Adrian, I set a variable {lockUnlockedTime} = $time. I was expecting the value of {lockUnlockedTime} to be 1:57 P.M. but I get the full date Sun, Sep 25 2016 @ 1:57 AM MST when I send {lockUnlockedTime} in a notification. Also, it says AM instead of PM.

May i please see that piston? Time is internally stored as a longint timestamp (UTC time). It would have to somehow wrongly convert the time twiceto get you AM instead of PM and you be 6 hrs away from UTC…

Here it is.

Set the variable as a string variable. That will give you what you want (1:57 P.M. format). You can also use {$time} directly in your Push notification if you don’t use {lockUnlockedTime} anywhere else.

As for the A.M./P.M. problem(?), don’t know about that :neutral_face:

Aha, this may have something to do with my issue. I set the variable as a Time variable as I was going to attempt doing some calculation on it.

Any time I try to edit an IF statement that has a trigger of “Routine ‘(routine name)’ was executed” then the SmartThings app crashes. Going to reboot my hub and see if that fixes it.

Nope, didn’t fix it. I even tried to create a new piston with a Routine trigger and it crashed again. Maybe the new iOS app update is causing it??

Is no one else experiencing this issue? I can’t edit half of my pistons because the app keeps crashing on any Routine options.