[RELEASE] Amcrest IPM-721 & IP2M-841 LIVE Video/PTZ/Night Vision/Motion/Video Record/+More IP Camera DTH

Prehaps this document can help with digest authentication

Look here

Hello :slight_smile:

I need to integrate my Amcrest Camera with my smartthings system.
I have followed the directions on the site: link
But I have not succeeded :frowning:; or am I doing something wrong?

Camera Information:

• Software version: V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2020-02-17
  • WEB version: 3.2.1.619604
  • ONVIF version: 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)
  • Model: IP2M-841

Can you help me and/or find out if there is any update to the procedure or another way to achieve this integration between Amcrest and SmartThings?

Cordially
mm

Check this out since you have an onvif camera.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you, I think that in this other way I will advance much more :blush:.

I followed all the instructions and managed to detect the two (2) cameras that I have and also generate the Group with them later. I think I’m very close to it

But now it happens that they don’t display video image yet…

What can I check in the camera settings?
mm

1 Like

Tagging @TAustin & @fido

1 Like

A couple questions:

1. If you look at your info table at the bottom, do you see a resolution value, and what is it?

2. Are there any unusual characters in your username or password? That can trip up SmartThings since the username and pw get sent along with the video streaming URL. If you do have any, can you try creating credentials with just standard alphanumeric characters?

Hello
Sorry, I couldn’t answer earlier…
Checking the two points:

1. I confirm that the credentials theme is correct, using only standard alphanumeric characters
  2. I have captured the information in the image:

That looks good. Is your camera and hub on the same subnet?

Hi,
Something strange happens to me: When I made the configurations (initially), I did not have the correct result (did not work). But then (the next day), I checked the app again (without doing anything!!!) and found that it worked Ok. But when I close and reopen the App (immediately) it stops working. I have noticed that after a while it “apparently” seems to work as I indicated before, but then it stops working and doesn’t work anymore :frowning: (leaving the image of the last video capture).

Fail:

Ok:

I suppose that and since there are moments that it works well, it leads me to think that all the parameters are correct: users, password, resolution, subnet, etc., although it is very strange that it only happens for a few moments until I finish the app, then when reopening it, it fails again…, despite closing/terminating the App and/or restarting it again or even restarting the entire cell phone… I’m not sure if it’s a time or under what conditions the app works again video on cameras, but happen sometimes

To the question, if I confirm that indeed all my Devices in my house are in the same subnet and in my case it is: 192.168.50.##

• Camera #1 in the Lounge: 192.168.50.45
• Camera #2 in the Living Room: 192.168.50.53
• SmartThings hub: 192.168.50.50/51

I’m afraid that what you are seeing is the unpredictability of the SmartThings platform. I suspect that there is nothing going wrong in the driver itself. When you select a camera group, the driver is simply asked to provide the video streaming URL for the camera, and that is all the driver does at that point. It is then up to the SmartThings platform to use the URL to start the video feed and display it in the app.

So I’m sorry to say that I don’t think there is anything I can do in the Edge driver to fix this. It’s not clear why it is unreliable, but the official position from SmartThings right now is that they don’t officially support video.

Ok, I understand :frowning: . Thanks for your collaboration.

I want to take advantage of this thread and ask: If in the future (in a new Driver Version) is planned to take advantage of the “Preset” functionality in the Cameras: It is more or less the possibility that they have now to save a “Specific Position/Location” of focus and then go to it directly… E.g. if a door sensor is activated, the camera will move to its location to focus on the Door and if another sensor is activated (e.g. the Window) the same camera will be able to change its focus and move to view the other sensor, etc.

This would be fantastic :slight_smile:
Regards
mm