[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Received my code yesterday and working on setting up a new panel. I have an issue where not all of my switches are showing up in the list of things to add, mainly virtual switches to control groups of lights. Anything special I need to do?

1. Everyone … please feel “encouraged” to visit ActionTiles’s own Knowledge Base, Support & Ideas Forum. It’s a little threadbare at the moment, but new items going up daily.

2. Some Devices are missing from the Authorize Things (Add Location) … / ActionTiles Knowledge Base / AT Support & Ideas

Thanks! :pray: :smiley:

1 Like

Well that explains it, thanks

1 Like

Fixed mine - My Android version is 6.0 - not THAT old :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to view historical events? If not, is this function on the future road map? Thank you for a quality product!

Thanks for the compliments! :smile:

Event History was an extremely low requested feature based our scientific polling (seriously!), but we know some customers would find it valuable, so it’s on the scope.

We have to be particularly extra sensitive to privacy issues when storing history data too!

The suspense is killing me : (

If you die from the suspense, I know some people on here will happily take your invite!

3 Likes

Haha! That funny!

Really? Bummer! A last-motion-event time stamp on the motion tiles is really the only thing I believe would be useful. I don’t really care to see every time my door sensor updated the battery or temp. Thanks, again.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with ActionTiles all day today and LOVING IT!

But I’m wondering, the tiles now show battery level for sensors… for those contact sensors that also have temperature readings, is it also in the scope of future upgrades to include the temperature readings in the tile as well?

Still playing around with the tile/set placements and trying to weigh convenience of things vs.diving into Panel links for device retrieval.

1 Like

I think this never came up as a wish list item in Beta, but now you’re the second requester. (Our Forum allows Vote allocations which might help us decide which areas to prioritize).

As for this specifically… The main complication is lack of space on the Tiles. The app is "responsive’ but there’s a minimum allowed font size and element padding etc., per Material Design rules.

I’ve been working on the Wink Relay units this evening getting documentation together on how to get ActionTiles fully operational on them.

One of the things I’ve done is added Spotify Playlist tiles to my Wink Panels that I built… I can now pop open a pre-defined Spotify playlist from a tile on the panel… If the device running the panel has Spotify on it, it will recognize the URI and launch Spotify to the playlist linked to via the URI in the tile…

To do this you need the following:

Spotify Premium (for the purposes of running the software on the local PC.)
Spotify installed on the PC/Mac you are managing the ActionTiles panels from.
Spotify on the device you are running ActionTiles on.

In the Spotify software on the computer, right click on the playlist you’d like to link to and select Copy Playlist URI.

In ActionTiles, add a new URL Shortcut Tile to the Tileset you’d like to place it in, and click Add Shortcut.

Paste in the URI, as shown below. URI has been edited to provide some privacy.

Click Add. Then, check the box so it shows in your TileSet…

On the device running ActionTiles, tap the Tile, and Spotify will launch to the playlist.
Hit play, and music will play on the device. If you have network speakers, you can select them as your audio destination.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

I’m stealing this for a Knowledge Base article, Synth!

Actually… it deserves a “customer success story” blog entry one day. Keep up the terrific integration work. Wow! :open_mouth:

1 Like

First of all would like to say loving this but would like to see a way to view recent events/Logs?

1 Like

That’s awesome - thanks for the tip!

Now if I could just get it integrated with Samsung Multi-room so it would automatically play on the network speakers without selecting them as part of routine. But that is a topic for another day and device…

1 Like

First I would like to thank you guys for this. You have done a great job, I’m loving it so far. Down the road having the ability to custom CSS will be great but I know it will get there eventually :blush::blush:.

I will be playing around with AT more this weekend. Here is my first panel test for the Wink Relay

And this for the iPad to be mounted to the wall

Nothing finally but just wanted to share.

Again great job. Merci

3 Likes

Is the how-to for your Home Energy Meter in that Custom CSS thread? Any chance you could point me to it quick than wading through 2000 posts?

I guess I could just Google, but asking is so much quicker. :wink: