Question: CoRE vs Simple Purpose Built App

Because you have a newer account, you probably need to use a different link. That’s why I always refer people to the community created wiki page which has all six of the possible links. If you go to one of the other links, you can still login there, but the local list will be empty. There’s no easy way to check which link you’re on, so you just need to try all of them until you find one for your devices show up.

The link previously given in this thread will work for most people who added their smartthings account before September 2015. UK accounts are at a different link. And North American accounts added in 2016 are at yet another.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

That link doesn’t work for all accounts. If your transaction stream is not assigned to that particular shard, you just get a blank list.

The community-created wiki page has all the different possible links, so I usually just direct people there. That way as more transaction streams are added in the future, the forum posts will still be accurate. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

2 Likes

Ok, about 40 of my devices are running local, but none of my SmartApps are.

The only smart apps which are eligible to run locally at the present time are the official smart lighting automations, and then only if they are limited to devices which are eligible to run locally. (For example, if you have a Hue bulb in the lighting automation, it can’t run locally even though that’s an official device type. Same if you have any device that uses a custom device type handler.)

A small number of SHM features can also run locally with the same restriction on device types., but I’m not sure if they show up in the list of local smartapps are not. They might not.

No custom Smart apps (including core) and no custom device type handlers run locally at the present time.

Oooooops :innocent:

1 Like

Yes, got it. Very few of my automations use “only” standard apps / devices handlers.

1 Like

They’ve said several times that they would like to eventually add more local processing. The problem is that the way the ST architecture is designed, anything that is going to be run locally is pushed out with the hub firmware that goes to all SmartThings accounts. That’s why even routines don’t run locally.

You pretty much got it all :slight_smile:

1 Like