Python 3 & Flask Webhook Automation

Hi again Brendan. I’ve got my app published and installed in smart things thanks to your template so much appreciated again. With regard to the configuration for my app I’m looking to see if I can get some help.

Basically I have been using a separate Smart app for some time called open dash which is a Smart App based API for Smartthings. I’ve been polling the “All devices end point” on this API which has been proven to be slow for me hence, the need for me to require a webhook/listening approach to the same functionality. See my post here: Pi Codesys Project

Essentially what I want my newly installed smart app to do is to listen for any event on the devices I have selected within the smartapp and in turn trigger a GET to the Smart things API for those devices. Once I have the return string from this GET I can pass it into my own PLC based application where I handle parsing and everything else.

I understand this seems like non standard usecase for a smartapp but I’m hoping I can get some advice from someone. Regardless I will continue my own learning and research into building this kind of smart app.

If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.