Problem adt hub claim unavailable

Hi i need help please :pensive:
My adt hub is showing this message
“Claim code unavailable”

What region (country) are you in?

1 Like

Im from Ecuador. It worked perfectly 4 months ago. today I reset it because it stopped detecting the sensors and when resetting it was updated before the configuration and the message appeared on the screen “claim code unavailable”

Please help i dont know what to do :sleepy:

1 Like

Did you ever get this straightened out? I am seeing it too in the US after a factory reset.

1 Like

Hi I am in Canada, and purchased a unit of Ebay. i did the factory re-set at home and getting the same message. i have tried calling Samsung but they are not able to help. I was given another number 1-855-238-7339 ADT smarthings support. i have called several times, but unable to get through. (Busy signal).

thanks
Jeff

1 Like

The problem is likely related to you not being in the US. The ADT Hub is only suppose to be useable in the US due to a variety of reasons. It is unlikely that either ADT or Samsung will be able to help.

1 Like

@Mavrrick58 I’m in the US and seeing it after a reset. Any ideas?

Unfortunately no. I would suggest a call or message to smartthings support

Many people in the US are having problems with their ADT panels (me included). Seems like ADT no longer wants to support them.

1 Like

I have the same issue after a factory reset “Claim Code Unavailable”. I tried to call to support (No sucess), by email, only standard answers, so bad support. Unitl now no solution for this issue.

Have you checked the IDE to ensure your hub is not associated with a location. You may have to remove the device, or need Smartthings support to do it for you.

hola soy de ecuador también tengo el mismo problema lo pudiste solucionar ??

Hello Mavrrick58.
I think you hare right.
Im from Argentina and i broght a unit on ebay (they say new, but no) and i think this unit code is registred on someone smarthings account but i dont know ho is…
You say contact Smarttings support. Do you have a email or something?
Thank you

There should be a way to do it from the app. I would suggest you go into the app and then go to the settings and then help section and there should be an option to contact support. From there hopefully they can help you.

I am also having issues after purchasing and I am in the US! Please help Samsung smarthings!

Check that your hub is not allocated to a location already. If you bought it second hand the previous person may still have it allocated to their location in smartthings. If that isn’t the case and you have always been the owner and you just id a factory reset you may want to check the Smartthings IDE and make sure the but is not on a location still.

I am also having this problem (in USA). I am giving the hub to my sister In law and I did a factor reset.

Now the unit is stuck. I tried the old activation code with no luck and I verify it’s not assigned to a location.

Sorry but Samsung does not care about us!!image