Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

I have a Duracell 3v in there…

Panasonic 3V and Duracell 3V’s on mine.

Are you able to take out the battery and measure the voltage? Then again, I don’t know what the motion sensor deems as the minimum operating voltage, so I wouldn’t know how to scale the value to a percentage. However, if you can measure the voltage on yours, and @smart can measure the voltage on his that shows 92%, you’d have a direct comparison. (Assuming the battery showing 92% was kept at the same operating temp.)

Hehehehehehe! You are asking the wrong person. I don’t even own a voltmeter (that’s the instrument right?)… I own couple of screw drivers… :wink:

I just measured and its 3 volts:

1 Like

That’s good, then. It’s measuring 100% capacity.

(Though, I have no idea how it’d deal with a 3.6v battery. Perhaps it would sit at 100% for longer? Although, the higher voltage batteries tend to have lower mAh ratings, so they’d drain faster.)

I didn’t measure with a resister since I don’t have one, only did a voltage test.

Event values are stored as strings. You can pass in a number (e.g., 1), but it will be stored as “1”. When you get the event value, you will have to parse it back to a number.

I’m currently working on expanding/reorganizing the device-type guide… this will be discussed there. I hope to have something go live next week.

2 Likes

This is what the Fibaro outdoors is facing…

1 Like

We feel your pain :grin:

2 Likes

@wackware any custom device type to work with snow blower or a shovel? And thanks for rubbing in salt on the wound rather than on my driveway!

@wackware - Hmm…I’m looking for the correct emoticon. Ah, here it is… :hankey: Oh, and this one… :point_up_2:

Oh, wait, that’s the wrong finger… Hmm…

:wink:

2 Likes

@smart, any suggestions on orientation? I see the two diagrams on the included pamphlet, but does it matter how the actual sensor is oriented…i.e., does the little grey dot have to be up for best results? Does the logo need to be upright?

Also, I understand how to create a custom device, but how do I “link” the sensor to the custom device vs the standard smartthings device?

Hey all, just got my Fibaro and set it up using the default ST device type.

I notice lux setting only updates if there is ~200 lux movement (up or down). This kind of sucks because I can get caught above the lux trigger level (say trigger is 50, it can get stuck at 63 since there is not enough incremental room for it to update further lower) … so it never passes the 50 gate to signal to turn lights on.

Is there a way to have the Fibaro also poll every x minutes in addition to reporting when lux changes more than ~200lux?

Check the thread “interpreting lux values” for detailed instructions to change lux defaults (prameters 40 and 42).

Not sure… I did put the three grey dots on the top though…

[quote=“smart, post:358, topic:8270”]
Check the thread “interpreting lux values” for detailed instructions to change lux defaults (prameters 40 and 42).[/quote]

@smart - Thanks, will try it out.

@Wackware Has your tweaking app been released yet? I want to toy with the colors and such but don’t want to mess something up unless a reset/re-pair can simply fix everything.

I haven’t written the tweaking app as I’ve seen everyone edit the configure section in the device code.

Post what you want to do and I guarantee @smart has already done it. He is what we call a “Tweaker” lol :grin:

4 Likes

Now that a built-in device type from ST is out, though, there is more of a need for the tweaking app since you can’t edit the device code where there is built-in one.

At least, that is my case for having one! :smile:

1 Like