powerMeter - any reason the presentation does not contain dashboard state?

So that’s really good! That’s exactly what’s needed…just in more situations. :slight_smile:

It’s built in the ZigBee driver. It might come to automations, as many users are asking for. If you have any Zigbee lights/strips, you should try his driver. It has some other capabilities like Circadian light.
This should became standard option in Automations.
I am using this driver on all zigbee lights that I have, including strips/controllers. I have them paired with Hue and Ecosmart remotes, Zooz scene controllers and some other switches/dimmers. It works flawlessly, and my wife is happy that she can dim and change light temperature on the wall switch

@milandjurovic71

This is a good solution, but since it is a custom capability, it requires using custom driver.
This solution will not work with Tuya dimmers that are using proprietary cluster. In fact, it will only work with devices, managed by specific driver.
The request here to ST team is to add this ability to stock switchLevel capability, so it would be available for any stock driver (and also to any custom driver that uses that capability).
This would open a wide range of possibilities. For example, WiFi dimmers, virtual dimmer etc.

2 Likes

I would add to that list “mirror” function. I have asked for increase/decrease and mirror functions multiple times since ST released new app, and again when Rule api was released.

1 Like

Adding mirror to routines would be even better. If we had mirror, we could add increase/decrease to virtual devices and then mirror the value to physical devices without the need to change anything in other drivers.
In addition, it would open another interesting options, like virtual thermostat.
However, I would guess mirror functionality is much more challenging that adding increase/decrease to switchLevel

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay.
I forgot to mention that we created a feature request for the option of “increment in steps” the switch level instead of having the option to define a specific value. This is for the case explained by @ygerlovin and @AutomateYourLife

There’s also a request for the “mirror” feature in automation. Remember that the SmartLighting app offers that for smart bulbs (switch and level), its automations will be migrated automatically.

Note: The review (and implementation in case it’s accepted) of feature requests take a while to be completed, it depends on the workload of the team.

2 Likes

Hi @nayelyz

Don’t want to look greedy, but could you please consider adding increment in steps also to color temperature?
This would allow gradual color temperature changes by different physical buttons.

Also, the request was to add increment to switchLevel, not to replace the existing “set” command.

Thanks

1 Like

@nayelyz

Defining Specific value (Set) needs to stay. That is how you set specific level or color with automation.
That is one of the basics Actions in any Lights automation.

This an example of one specific driver, that it is needed in Automations
Where says Level by External Steps we should have Increase/Decrease Light Level
Same for Color Temperature
Where says Color Temperature by External Steps we should have Increase/Decrease Color Temperature

This is what I have asked couple months ago, when you recommend that this can be done with Rules. However no regular user can achieve this, and it should be part of automations

Ok, I will create one for that as well.

Sorry, I didn’t mean that option would be replaced, I was referring to “instead of only having the option to define a specific value”. When we create feature requests is not to replace functionality but to add/improve it, so don’t worry.

CC @milandjurovic71

3 Likes

There is a whole raft of ‘Stateless …’ capabilities, both proposed and live, that have yet to be documented. In this case ‘stateless’ means they only have commands. One that is live is Stateless Temperature Button which defines a setButton command that takes temperatureUp and temperatureDown arguments. I haven’t looked to see if that has a presentation defined for it, or if there is a custom UI for it, and it wouldn’t surprise me if these things largely appear in appliances.

However it seems to me that a ‘Stateless Level Button’ capability could be a useful addition, and perhaps more achievable than actually changing Switch Level.

They are not documented because they don’t have a presentation. The only three capabilities that have one are: statelessCurtainButtonPower , statelessPowerButton , and statelessPowerToggleButton. They should work correctly according to the report I saw but use them carefully.

I am sure you know that is a ridiculous reason for not documenting them, especially as the ones that do have a presentation aren’t documented either. We simply have no way of knowing if the absence of documentation and/or presentations for any particular capability is deliberate or not.

I’ve no intention of using such things myself, I was merely noting the existence of a family of capabilities that seemed rather pertinent to the earlier discussion. I am trying to stay enthused with SmartThings but it is hard going at the moment so I look for morsels like this to engage me.

The documentation keeps improving and, as we have discussed before, if we include documentation on non-implemented features, people get confused about what to expect.
The ones that work are the exception and, they could present a strange behavior, there’s nothing consistent about them yet.