Post Requests for Zigbee Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

At the request of the community Developers, we will now have three similar request Threads: one for Z wave devices, one for Zigbee devices, and one for LAN devices. Please make sure you are posting your request in the correct thread or the right community developer might not see it.

THIS THREAD IS FOR ZIGBEE DEVICE REQUESTS

First things first: begin by reading the very helpful note from @philh30 below in post#3. Edge is moving out of beta but the transition is not yet complete, and you may just want to wait until smartthings has finished automatically moving things over and then just deal with whatever’s left.

If you do want a custom driver now, there is a list of existing custom edge drivers in the community – created wiki, so check there first to see if there’s already a driver for the device you need.

FAQ: Using the quick browse lists without the community wiki

If you can’t find one on the quick browse lists, please help save the time of the community developers who are working very hard on these by first reading this whole thread to see if someone has already requested the model you were looking for. I know it seems like a lot of work, but it will be better for everyone if the developers can spend their time working on edge Drivers rather than reading duplicate requests.

If you can’t find one on the quick browse lists in the wiki and one has not already been requested for that model in this thread, you can ask here if any community developer would be interested in creating one.

Now that there are a number of community members writing edge drivers, we are also starting to see lots of random requests for additional device models showing up in all kinds of other threads, which gets confusing. :thinking:

The reason is understandable: edge drivers work best if the specific device “fingerprint“ is included, sometimes it’s as simple as adding just a fingerprint to an existing edge driver. But sometimes there’s more to it than that.

Anyway, this thread is so you can post a request for a community – created edge driver for a specific brand/model If one has not already been created or requested people who are still in limbo.

YOU NEED TO KNOW THE EXACT “FINGERPRINT” FOR THE DEVICE

You will need to post the fingerprint information as part of your request. (if you were previously using the device with a DTH, it’s also helpful if you give the specific name of that DTH.)

If you have the device already added, Even just as a “thing,” you can find the fingerprint on the advanced page of the web interface. Make sure you copy the mfr and model information exactly: capitalization counts. For most developers, you can just post a screenshot. ( I don’t think there’s anyone using a voice reader. If so, they can let us know if they need the information in plain text.)

My.SmartThings.com/advanced

You can also find it in the community created API browser plus utility.

Otherwise, see the following thread for other different methods of finding the fingerprint without the IDE:

How to Get the Manufacturer ID and Model (fingerprint) without the IDE?

Please do not post these requests in other threads unless you are just asking that a fingerprint be added to an existing edge driver, in which case post in the author thread about that specific edge driver.

No guarantees that the driver will be created, but at least this will keep the forum organized. :sunglasses:

TUYA CLUSTERS

Tuya is one of the largest Home Automation device manufacturers. It makes many inexpensive devices available from China, which are sold under literally more than a dozen different brand names. You can tell that the device is tuya-made because it either has the tuya logo or works with the “smart life“ app.

Tuya uses a lot of proprietary Code which is not part of the standard Zigbee specification. Developers will need to know exactly which clusters a device uses before they can determine which edge drivers will work with it if any. See the following FAQ if you are looking for an edge driver for a Tuya Zigbee device.

FAQ: Using Tuya Zigbee Devices Directly With a SmartThings/Aeotec Hub (2024)

DEVELOPERS

Developers: if you need to ask questions about the device or start a longer conversation, please start an individual topic for it and link to it from a post in this thread. I’d like to keep this thread to a maximum of two posts per device per developer: one requesting a driver, and one responding to that request. (Of course more than one developer might respond, you never know.)

Have fun: it’s a brave new world out there. :rocket:

WRITING YOUR OWN EDGE DRIVERS

If you’re trying to write your own edge driver and you have any questions about that, you can get help in the developer support section:

Support - SmartThings Community

or in the section on writing edge drivers:

Writing Edge Drivers - SmartThings Community

A note about “fingerprints”

You will see a lot of discussion of “fingerprints“ with respect to edge drivers. A “fingerprint“ is the smartthings’ term for a numeric code representing the manufacturer and model number of a device. Zigbee and zwave Devices will send this information to the hub at the time that they join the network for the first time.

@jds13 had a very good post on the details

@iquix @Mariano_Colmenarejo @TAustin @ygerlovin @philh30 @veonua

4 Likes

copied from original request thread

I have 2 requests
1, Hampton Bay Zigbee ceiling fan controller (King of Fans)…Rafhael Borja has it listed in his Github repo with some of its attributes but apparently hasn’t moved on it recently

2 Integration with Govee, the current DTH integration published by Uncdubdiver works great but he has stated he most likely will not develop a driver to take its place as he has moved on. @TAustin , this one “might” fall into your field of expertise if you wouldn’t mind taking a look

6 Likes

Has anyone made a driver for the Aqara B1 curtain motor yet?

1 Like

Check with @veonua

1 Like

Can you point me to the current DTH?

3 Likes

Sure, here’s the Github link…https://github.com/uncdubdiver/smartthings-govee-led-lights

1 Like

I would like to add this Osram 4 button switch to the list. I’m using the EU version of the switch which works very well with the present handler…

fingerprint profileId: “0104”, deviceId: “0810”, inClusters: “0000, 0001, 0020, 1000, FD00”, outClusters: “0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0008, 0019, 0300, 1000”, manufacturer: “OSRAM”, model: “Switch 4x LIGHTIFY”, deviceJoinName: “OSRAM 4x Switch”

Github link to current device handler: SmartThingsPublic/osram-4-button-switch.groovy at master · andyjenkinson/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub

Thank you in advance if anyone is able to help…

I would also humbly request a driver for the Hampton Bay Zigbee ceiling fan controller (KOF).

4 Likes

Hi @5spot have a look at these posts.
Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller installation HOWTO - Wiki / Projects & Stories - SmartThings Community
[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

Those won’t help. :disappointed_relieved:

This thread is specifically for people who are requesting community-created Edge Drivers.

The first topic you linked to is about that device, but it’s an old thread and has nothing to do with edge drivers.

The second topic you linked to is for the Groovy version DTH, which is for the old architecture. Edge drivers are for the new architecture. Although there is a brief discussion of edge drivers for the Inovelli Devices towards the end of that thread, the specific Hampton Bay fan control requested is not an Inovelli product and will not be included in that channel.

Please limit responses in this thread to Edge Drivers (which are written in Lua, not groovy).

4 Likes

It does help to have a link to the original DT though JD, so that anyone that is interested in developing an Edge driver for a device can do a bit of homework on what the device is and capable off, very often the original dth also has developers comments which again may have bearing for the new Edge driver, so with that in mind a link to the original dth thread may be of use

2 Likes

Yes, good point. Someone requesting an edge driver can definitely help out potential developers by including a link to the DTH that they are using. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d like to request integration with Hunter Douglas PowerView motorized blinds & shades (Groovy DTH: [RELEASE] Hunter Douglas PowerView Hub integration), MyQ garage door controller (Groovy DTH: GitHub - brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ: Integrate SmartThings with MyQ (Obsolete)), and triggering voice announcements on Amazon Alexa devices (I’m currently using bjpierron’s Simulated Alexa Switch DTH: SmartThings-Alexa/simulated-alexa-switch.groovy at master · bjpierron/SmartThings-Alexa · GitHub, and a routine with the Amazon Alexa application).

3 Likes

There’s already an edge Driver which does basically the same thing as the DTH you linked to. :sunglasses:

Lots of choices of different kinds of virtual devices, and there are several which can trigger an Alexa routine while also looking like a switch to smartthings so you can easily turn them on and off.

Check it out here (The topic title is a clickable link):

That’s great news. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Programmers! :slight_smile: @iquix @Mariano_Colmenarejo @TAustin @ygerlovin @philh30 @veonua

I come from the Vera Edge system, which runs on Lua code!
Is it possible to get Vera code for Smartthings? This would help for something clear!

For example my thermostat from Secure was added there without any problems and the system worked fine… (I came to smartthinhs because of the app and being able to use zigee)

If it helps I just have to connect it again to copy what I need …

Not that I have many devices but…

Philio Pan08 (blinds)
Fiaro Door/Window sensor 2
Neo coolcam Siren
Neo coolcam plug
Neo coolcam motion sensor
Secure SRT321 and SSR303

A good week everyone!

I spent some time learning about Zigbee and now know some internals.
Also have implemented one LAN-connected device using the official example.

But for Zwave devices still using default ST drivers and ones delivered by @RBoy . Hope he will find time to update drivers to the new Edge architecture.

Overall from my experience with Zwave, it is much more standardized, so they deliver few features but are more stable and you can connect most devices to the default driver.

Is it possible to get Vera code for Smartthings? This would help for something clear!

I doubt it, but maybe it will make ST driver development easier, some code can be borrowed.

1 Like

Was about to say Bond already has direct c2c integration but realized youre meaning a local integration via the new Edge tools. Now that would be fantastic if possible…especially including their ceiling fan controls
units in addition to the bridge.

1 Like

Yes, fans/lights are what I’m referring to and the fact that the documentation for this is available.

http://docs-local.appbond.com/

1 Like