PetSafe SmartDoor Model HPA15-13808 (DTH in post 27)

Did you ever get it to pair with ST? I’m having the exact same issue.

Never did. Still using the Iris for control of that one device. I guess that’s fine since I don’t actuate the door that often, but it’s a pain having to open a separate app for that one device.

1 Like

I’ve just received the HPA15-13808, and I’m having trouble getting SmartThings to recognize it at all. When I put the door in pairing mode, SmartThings never finds it. I contacted support to see if they could help, and they said in the live logging, that nothing was ever discovered or something to that effect. The CSR told me that some generations of Iris-branded devices will not operate with smartthings whatsoever. I’ve got the Iris keypad working just fine, but no matter what I do, SmartThings never finds the dog door as a device. Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Did you install the custom device handler in post 27 above before trying to pair it?

Yep, sure did. I know I could pair it first and change it in the IDE afterwards, but wanted the device handler installed first. No luck getting SmartThings to see it to add it though

Did you check the live logging when trying to pair? Or St support did? I’m no zigbee expert, but if you post the logs here someone may be able to help.

I did look at live logging, as did ST support. I’m even less of a zigbee expert and the logs didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Support said that they could see that the hub was looking for devices, but didn’t find any. The door definitely showed that it was in pairing mode, according to its flashing light, but was never found as any type of device by ST. I’ve just ordered an Iris hub to see if it will pair to that, or if the door itself is defective. I’ll try pairing again when I have a chance, and post what the live logging says. Cheers!

1 Like

Sorry to drudge up a somewhat old thread, but I’m looking for a large pet door with some Zigbee or Zwave ST-compatible abilities. I can’t find the Zigbee version of this door for sale on Lowes.com, and am wondering if anyone has seen them locally, or if it seems like the product is discontinued/dead.

Are these doors still working ok for those who already have them, with the latest ST updates?

Amazon has them

Petsafe smartdoor

The Amazon listings that I have found don’t mention Zigbee, and Petsafe customer service says they’re not able to sell them (the Zigbee nodel) on their website but there may still be some in individual Lowes stores…

@Natec, any luck? I’m looking for the petsafe smartdoor that has the zigbee radio. Sounds like you are too. The Amazon listing claims it does NOT include a zigbee radio. I just put in an email to Petsafe customer service. I’ll let you know what I learn. May also try Lowes.

Here was what Petsafe told me yesterday… Have to check my local Lowes but I’m not optimistic…

Hi Nate,

Thank you for contacting PetSafe®! I’m happy to help with your question!

This model was exclusive to Lowe’s, and though we can provide warranty support we are unable to sell it. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes. In case this information is helpful, though many Lowe’s locations no longer carry this door I have spoken to some customers who have purchased it fairly recently, so there may be some locations that still have it in stock. It may be helpful to contact Lowe’s to ask them about availability.

I hope this information is helpful! If you have any further questions or there’s anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thank you again for reaching out to us, and I hope you have a good evening!

Best regards,

Jennifer H.
Customer Care
PetSafe® Brand
Radio Systems Corporation
1-800-732-2677

info@petsafe.net

www.petsafe.com

1 Like

Nate, I have some good news to share. I originally got the same response as you from PetSafe. After spending about an hour with Lowes this morning trying to find a product that they claimed did not exist, I sent another note to PetSafe saying essentially “are you sure about this?” The revealing email response from PetSafe is below. I already called the number they provided, and I was able to order the HPA15-13808 compatible with Iris with the Zigbee (ZHA 1.2) radio easily. Suggest you do the same! Happy hunting. LMK how the install goes.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for any confusion. I reached out to our Consumer Experience Advocate for Pet Doors to see if we had more information available on this pet door for you. While the Iris compatible version of our Electronic SmartDoor™ has not officially been discontinued, it has been brought to our attention that this door is no longer offered through Lowe’s. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

You may find it helpful to know that we do still have this product in stock through our Customer Care Center and it is currently $199.99 plus any applicable tax. For more information or assistance placing an order, please contact our Customer Care Center via phone at 1-800-732-2677 at your convenience. Our hours of operation are from 8AM-8PM Eastern time Monday to Friday. We are also available from 9AM-5PM Eastern time on Saturday.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and have a great day!

Respectfully,

Ashleigh M
Customer Care
PetSafe® Brand
Radio Systems Corporation

1-800-732-2677
info@petsafe.net
www.petsafe.com

2 Likes

Wow, thanks, Mark! I was searching a bunch of Lowes Zipcodes with brickseek and I found two stores that supposedly had 1 in stock, but upon calling the stores, they couldn’t find anything. I was able to place an order also from your PetSafe number (they also said that “Invisible Fence” supposedly sells that door, but I didn’t see anything on their website either).

Still gotta source a door to do the install but hopefully will get something done within the next few weeks.

1 Like

NP Nate.

Couldn’t help but notice…you mentioned sourcing a door. Does that mean you have to get a whole new door before you can install the Petsafe door? I ask because that’s the exact (strange) situation I’m in.

Yeah, the current door in that location has a different pet door with the wrong size/location cut-out, so probably best to start fresh… :sunglasses: Thinking about using a zwave garage door sensor on the flap to be able to track when the dog goes in or out since it sounds like the current device handler doesn’t track use of the pet key from the collar and can only control lock and unlock?

I need a new door too. But in my case, it’s because the current door is all glass. Not conducive to a cutout for PetSafe :crazy_face:

Great idea on the flap sensor. Think I’ll do the same. Let me know how you implement. Maybe I can follow along…

@gabestover, did you ever have any luck with pairing to ST (or Iris?). Got my door installed and can’t get it paired. When the batteries are plugged in, the blue pairing light blinks twice in quick succession every 2 seconds, just as the manual says.

I added the DTH prior to pairing and saved/published it for myself , turned on live logging, and tried to add devices, but the blue light just keeps blinking. I brought my hub within 12 inches of the door while attempting pairing mode multiple times. I also tried deleting the DTH with hopes that it might at least pair as a generic Thing and then I could add and associate the DTH afterwards, but that didn’t work either.

Per the manual, pushing the Mode/Reset button 5 times within 5 seconds is supposed to restart pairing mode on the door, but when I do that while already in pairing mode, the blue light stays on for about 1-2s and then turns off. Doing the 5-in-5 thing again then just turns on the blue light for 1-2s and then it stays off, and doesn’t seem to go back into the 2-in-2 blue blink mode. Removing the batteries and replacing them turned back on the 2-in-2 blue blink pairing mode again though.

In the live-logging during adding, I can see ST finding my Hue Bridge and available lights, and smart speaker mediarenderer devices, but don’t see it finding the door (and the door never does the 3-quick-blue pairing success lights).

Update 3/11/18: On a whim, decided to try and get the door paired again today, and somehow it worked on the first time, showing up as a “Thing”. I was able to then assign it to the DTH from post 27, and it recognized that it was locked (in automatic mode on the door), and the device updated to indicate unlocked status when unlocked by the pet’s collar radio (but sadly did not update to say “locked” when the door re-locked).

I’ll keep an eye on the events over the next few days…

Hey, sorry for the delay in response. I never had any luck getting the door paired to SmartThings. I bought an Iris hub and tried that out, and it eventually worked to pair to the Iris hub (but that was a whole problem in and of itself). I un-paired the door from the Iris hub, tried to pair back to SmartThings (hub is less than 3ft away from the door) and still nothing.

When you got the door to show up as a Thing, had you done anything differently? Like remove the custom DTH first, pair the door, and then re-add the DTH? I just tried again and I’m having zero luck still. Just the same repeating two quick flashes of blue light when I put the batteries in.

You probably already checked this, but just in case… If you don’t make any changes at all now, and just check to see if the iris hub can still control it, does that work? If so, it is still paired to the iris hub and you need to do a factory reset on the pet door before you will be able to pair it to the SmartThings hub.