Peephole Wifi camera

I live in an apartment… placing a Nest-like camera would be too much for the building… so I am left to look for other options…

I just found (totally by accident! On a news website) this product:

Anyone know if this could be “easily” integrated into ST for viewing in a tablet or Chromecast-enabled tv?

Just a blind guess, but is this a Tuya based camera. Then might would work out of the box with Google Home. But as it not listed, I have doubts. Or you can search another solution to stream the video to a chromecast like BlueIris or TinyCam and Tasker or something similar.

Otherwise I wouldn’t really trust these random Chinese manufacturers. Unless you can change the firmware of the device, like some Xiaomi cameras, DaFang hack and other solutions.

2 Likes

There aren’t any Cameras that integrate easily except the brands that show up in the new V3 app: Arlo, Ring, and the new SmartThings cam. And only some models of those.

@rboy is an expert on cameras and might know if there are any peephole camera options for custom integration.

1 Like

I might have to get it and give it a shot… it’s the only cam I’ve seen that can be installed in my building that doesn’t look suspicious…

Honesty, I would build then my own with an RPi Zero W and the camera what you can get for it.

1 Like