OSRAM using Zigbee White Color Temperature bulb issues and questions

Hi there,

I have some troubles with my 1-year well working OSRAM white dimmable bulb.
It worked like a charm till recently it started powering on by itself randomly.

I found other people complaining that and I think ST support is aware (or at least that’s how my discussion with them ended up this week).
So I’d like to share my findings and try to workaround this issue if possible.

1. I am using the latest “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb”, namespace: “smartthings”, author: “SmartThings”, runLocally: false, minHubCoreVersion: ‘000.019.00012’,
  2. My hub is like everyone 19.17
  3. The switch-on are most of the time following a zbjoin event I see in the hub logs
  4. I see often warn DID NOT PARSE MESSAGE for description : read attr - raw: 00A103000808000020FF, dni: 00A1, endpoint: 03, cluster: 0008, size: 08, attrId: 0000, encoding: 20, value: ff
    Not sure why but seems not related.
  5. I instrumented the DTH methods to ensure which one I get in.

So basically I am trying to understand if there is a method called upon a zbjoin.
If this is possible, I would store the bulb state before the zbjoin happens and restore this state instead of having the lamp to stay on.
So if Off before zbjoin, turn it off again after the zbjoin
If on before the zbjoin, nothing to be done.

Any idea?

Thanks

[UPDATE 12/1/17: posted a workaround on https://github.com/philippeportesppo/SmartThingsPublic/tree/workaround_random_switch_on to ignore event switch on the bulb if not a real on event] You can have a try and feedback

Is the Osram color adjustable or just dimmable?

This is the dimmable one, but I believe my workaround would apply to the color ones, you just have to update in a same manner.

My workaround is really to ignore the power on at join.

The drawback is that when you first install a bulb using this DTH, the bulb might no switch on by itself but it will once you tell it to switch on.

hope it helps

I wonder if using the proper handler without color control would help?

Not sure. I believe all bulbs work the same manner. If they disconnect, they switch-on when back. I just got tired of mine doing that at 2am

They shouldn’t from zigbee disconnects. Power, they definitely will.