SmartThings Community

Osram/Sylvania Lightify (it works)

(Michael) #468

I just noticed!!! Finally

(Michael) #469

Next thing I’d like to figure out is how to get the garden lights to do things that the gateway does on the ST hub like cycle thru colors

(Bernie H) #470

There is an app for that called Garden Hue. Works with any color bulbs, strips and so on.

I asked Osram if they are supporting ZigBee 3.0, and here is their response:

“ZigBee recently announced the ratification of the ZigBee 3.0 and we fully support the unification of the separate profiles into the ZigBee 3.0 standard. The new standard is designed to be backwards compatible with the current ZigBee products, which means your current LIGHTIFY products will be able to work with ZigBee 3.0 devices without requiring an update.”

So maybe with the next Hue bridge, if it is ZigBee 3.0, it might work with the Osram bulbs, but I’m not holding my breath.

I wonder if they will release a GardenSpot with white light? That would be nice. Any other takers?

(Tony) #472

@Sticks18

Hi Sticks18

I just got a few Lightify Classic A60 RGBW (x5) and some PAR16 TW spots (x12)…
Can you let me know what template I should use to create the device handler and use your code?
What is the github link to the latest one?

Also, in future, I will group the bulbs together (several groups) Is that the purpose of your Virtual Bulb code ? Once again, which one should I use…

My apologies in advance for the newby question.

Thanks

Tony

If you’re using a custom device handler, you don’t need to use the template feature in the IDE. Instead, you’ll use the “from code” feature. The following explains the general process, then you’ll still need the answers to which specific code to copy. :sunglasses:

(Tony) #474

Thanks, indeed, I meant " Raw code" instead of the template…

I merely try to figure out what is the best device handler to use to control the Lightify… I am a bit confuse since ST announced in glory that Osram Lightify was officially supported, yet I don’t know which “official” handler to use… I tries the one that my ST hub detected when connected the RGBW bulb (zigbee RGBW bulv) but have no idea how to set the colour temp (which is quite different to when the bulb is switched one physically), I can change the colour but not the temp of the colour/white…

Also, I guess none of the code is “officially” published hence run in the cloud rather than locally on the ST hub (what if I lose broadband connectivity, I can’t use the bulb anymore!).

This is all a bit confusing and hope someone can shine some light onto this (pun intented!)
Any advice and experience of Lightify users are welcome…

Thanks.

Tony

this wont be much help but…
i tried a few handlers just to see how it functioned and what options were available. i would change the bulb in the IDE once i had all of the handlers installed. some handlers i got transition speed and color some i didn’t so i just kept changing the bulbs handler back and fourth till i figured out which i liked and seem to work best. all trial and error

I bought the Osram starter kit, went through setup, and prompted to update the Hub and bulb. I clicked on update in the app, and nothing really happens. Initialising, then nothing and the updates are still there. The app is forced unusable until you install the updates. Reset the hub. Now the hub is not connected to the internet, and there is no way to connect to the hub and re-pair it. Tried connecting the phone to the hub again, but nothing changes. This is a painful user experience, no wonder this stuff is not catching on yet, it doesn’t work.

(Chick Webb) #477

I am using the ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb and ZigBee RGBW Bulb device handlers. Neither runs locally, but both are the “official” device handlers. I did not have to install any custom DTH in order to get access to those two.

I use virtual switches and Rule Machine to control multiple bulbs at once. For groups that include colored bulbs I use @JoshuaMoore’s Virtual ZigBee RGBW Bulb DTH, and for ones that just have the tunable white bulbs I use @Sticks18’s Virtual Color Temp v2 DTH. Both work well.

(Simon) #478

Sorry for this possible stupid question, but custom code isn’t my strong side, yet.

Is this code for a device handler better to use, than just to let the app find my Lighttify bulbs as “Zigbee Hue Bulb” as it does as standard?

@simonselmer,

Which bulb do you have, the white color temperature? If so, use ST’s default DH called “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb”.

(Simon) #480

Hi
I have more types of Osram bulbs, also bot whites and colors.

As I wrote right now they are listed as “Zigbee Hue Bulb”. Is there are difference between that and the “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb” as you mention for the white ones?
Can I just change the type in web interface?

And then for the color ones, should I then use the custom code as I linked to? Or is there another better standard DH to use?

looks like here was a firmware update for the gateway wifi today.

Current Version: 1.1.2.101
New Version : 1.1.2.107

no clue as to what’s new :smiley:

(Joel) #482

I am interested in getting some LIGHTIFY PAR16 TW - looks like they work nicely with smartthings according to this thread. - can anyone confirm you can just connec these directly to smart things hub (v2)? i’m guessing it’s via zigbee - though the ones i’ve found say they are wifi??

Anyone use these in Australia? it says nominal voltage 220v - which is fine for here.

I have Lifx GU10’s but have had a lot of trouble with them - mainly because they are in the ceiling and they don’t get a strong signal. but my others are awesome (lifx non gu10)

I found this model: https://store.voltimum.com.au/products/lighting/smart-lighting/osram-osram-lightify-6w-gu10-par16-led-tunable-white-smart-wireless-dimmable-lamp.html

also this one: https://store.voltimum.com.au/products/lighting/smart-lighting/osram-osram-lightify-6w-gu10-par16-led-tunable-white-smart-wireless-dimmable-lamp.html

but it’s wifi so not sure if it’s compatible with smartthings

(Kevin) #483

What are people using these days to control color though automations on RGB lightify stuff? My gardenspots shine more or less pink when i automate with Smart Lighting app and set to Soft White - Default. none of the presets in Smart Lighting really line up with real world colors. I tried it on both my GardenSpots and my Led Strips. None of the colors in the presets really do anything good.

Rule Machine it worked fine. So now days…what are people doing? Just setting the color by hand, then not having automation control the color and hope when it turns on it goes back to what it was before? Not to mention the fact that the GardenSpot device handler still has the old color picker… and i have to pick “Lime Green” to get anything that looks close to white out of them from the color wheel. The led strips have the new color picker that is square and has presets at the bottom. I love this hobby…meh

( I hate Mondays) #484

@KevinH can you please tell me if CoRE sets your light’s color correctly?

@ady624 would it be possible to use CoRE to create something like color loop so it can loop through known colors at a set interval? I installed CoRE yesterday but did not see anything like the "periodic’ feature that was added to Rule Machine before it was withdrawn.

( I hate Mondays) #486

It won’t be a real “loop” as it will only change colors at discrete moments in time. I got one piston pushing colors to my lights :slight_smile:

The trigger initiates it every minute, then the next conditions make sure I only change colors if the light is on. Using individual actions for those conditions in expert mode, though not necessary.

A simple rule would be:

IF
    Time trigger happens every minute
THEN
    Using Light(s)...
       ► Set color to "Random" - or choose whatever color you want

Here’s mine:

UPDATE: Forgot to mention, all time related conditions and triggers are handled under Date & Time - just use a trigger (full dot in front of condition name), the only one available for time is “happens”. You will then get the chance to use “every minute”, or “every number of minutes”.

(Simon) #487

Hi
I haven’t started using virtual switches yet :slight_smile:
But what do you mean by “DTH”?

How can you use official DH for the devices, and also at the same time custom code DH?

Any reason to use sticks18’s Lightify_Bulb_v2.groovy for white bulbs over the official DH?
Any reason why sticks18 didn’t also create one for color bulbs, or wasn’t that necessary?