SmartThings Community

OSRAM Lightify surface light?

(Donna) #1

Hi everyone! I’m just starting out In home automation. I have a ST starter kit which includes the hub, and an echo. I am convinced I read somewhere that I could control my OSRAM Lightify surface lights through ST, but so far I can’t figure out how to without buying the Osram hub :confused: can anyone help?

Some community members have it working with custom code. See the following thread:

If you haven’t used custom code before, it’s pretty straightforward. Basically you will copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. Here’s the FAQ that explains that process

Ask any follow-up questions in the first link I just gave you, and hopefully someone there will be able to answer them.

(Amekouar) #3

I have 3 Osram light bulbs (2 white and 1 color). After I paired them to ST hub I changed the type of the bulb to ZigBee Dimmer and they are all working fine. Another advantage of changing the type is the things become local, so they can routines they are supposed to even when there is no internet connection.