OMG - Accidentally blew it ALL away!

Yeah, it is a lot of work getting the smartapps back up and running… but you know what I discovered… When I was reinstalling everything I found all of my flaws and streamlined a lot of things. The system actually worked better after I redid it.

1 Like

I’d already been through streamlining quite often, as I rewrote some of my own handlers/apps regularly and as the SmartThings meltdown from Nov-March forced me to move away from Rule Machine and other complex systems. (I’m glad my LANnouncer (announcement, V2, IFTTT) is mostly Android rather than hosted Groovy!) The challenge I foresee is not remembering all the conveniences I had it doing. First world problems…

1 Like

My UK hub’s welcome code clearly stated it was a single use code. i also looked at the FAQ as pointed out before i binned it. but i have been told since then that using the hubs serial number should work also if its previously been activated.

1 Like

Someone has probably suggested this somewhere else, but I have always been astounded that there is not a way to backup your configuration. Really, it should be as easy as that. You backup to a data file, then import it back in if something goes wrong. Why is this not a thing?

I know that does not help with the issue that you can not re-install devices without removing them which means removing all references to the device, but at least you could start back from your former state if something goes awry.

3 Likes

I prefer that they require a photo

1 Like

You might try support chat if you find emails are not expedient enough - my issues usually get resolved in a single session.