[OBSOLETE] Zooz Water Sensor (ZSE30)

in the ST App I have the Minimum Check-In interval set to “1” for one hour; but when I look at it in IDE it shows checkInterval is 86520 (which I am assuming is 24 hours).

Opening the device in IDE it only shows 2 check-in times (both times i tested with water this afternoon) 3 hours ago, and 1 hour ago.

Pushing the button three times (it blinks five times) - looks like it have woken up.

I will leave it for 24 hours and see what happens - but I wonder if there is a discrepancy between the “1” setting in the app and the “86520” value in IDE?

Try changing it to 2 hours and waking it up again. If that works you can change it back to 1 hour and wake it up again.

I changed it to 2 hours and woke it up - and there was no change.

what i do see in the log for the device under “Displayed Text” on the last update it says: Device '{{ deviceName }}’ updated <>

Is it possible it’s not updating the correct device? My device is named “Basement Water"

thanks for helping me track this down…

My DTH doesn’t use tokens for the description so you should edit the device using the IDE and verify that you’re actually using this DTH.

If your device was stuck with a wakup interval of 24 hours like you thought, the issue you were originally seeing should have resolved itself by now, but let me know if it hasn’t.

I was doing some testing with my sensor last night and ended up having to pull the batteries a couple of times to wake it wasn’t waking up with the action button.

I plan on making some changes to the DTH that should fix offline notification issue going forward and make it easier to determine if the device is waking up as expected or has outstanding configuration changes.

Thanks -

I ended up moving the hub closer my about 8’ - and now it’s able to wake up.

which is weird because it would alert the hub (and me) if the sensor got wet. But it wouldn’t wake up and check in on its own.

best,

neil

You most likely moved it closer to the hub around the same time that it finally accepted the new wakeup interval so i doubt you’ll start having problems again if you move it back to where it was.

I won’t be converting the Zooz Water Sensor ZSE30 into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but it doesn’t need a custom driver.