[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

I added the capability polling to the device type. And tested it again with Pollster and 1 Minute intervals.
Button keeps on working. I now also added the Window Sensor to this polling interval. Lets see if it survives the night…

Nope…both dead…

Officially proclaimed dead at this point.

:frowning:

Seems to be a common thing with Zigbee Switches… also the Hue Dimmer Switch is loosing connection regulary…
Maybe somebody will find a hack/solution for it…

Can anyone tell me why my xiaomi sensors are not connecting to ST at all? (Tried Xiaomi buttons, motion senors, door/window sensor)

Steps to connect to ST:

1. Open ST mobile app and choose add a thing
  2. Choose Connect Now and the app says the hub is searching for smart devices
  3. Push the holes in my smart devices and they blinking blue lights

After the steps, nothing will show up in the mobile app? Anything I’m doing wrong here? P.S. all of the smart devices are used for the first time and I even tried to reset them just to make sure.

Can you tell me why my xiaomi sensors are not connecting to ST at all? (Tried Xiaomi buttons, motion senors, door/window sensor)

Steps to connect to ST:

1. Open ST mobile app and choose add a thing
  2. Choose Connect Now and the app says the hub is searching for smart devices
  3. Push the holes in my smart devices and they blinking blue lights

After the steps, nothing will show up in the mobile app? Anything I’m doing wrong here? P.S. all of the smart devices are used for the first time and I even tried to reset them just to make sure.

I can tell you that I have Xiaomi button, connected and working without any disconnects for more than a month now. Hopefully it will stay that way :slight_smile:

Can you let me know how do you connect it to ST in the first place? Looks like I’m the only one having trouble doing it. Would appreciate it if you could let me know what I’m missing here.

I didn’t recall doing anything special.

Ugh I wish mine would stay connected… it’s stuck to my living room wall at the moment useless. I wanted to use it to easily turn my lamps on but noooo… I keep reconnecting it every now and then but it loses connection after about an hour.

Could you please post Screenshots from your Button?
To me it seems like the Button sends a different ID every reset… i tried to reset it now several times, and it always shows something different at the Catchall. Maybe there is one set of ID that is accepted by Smartthings?

2 of the codes i had so far:
0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 26FE 00 04 1234 0A 01 02FF4C0600100121EC0B21A801240000000000214802205C
0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 B26C 00 04 1234 0A 01 02FF4C0600100121EC0B21A801240000000000214802205D

The last value, and the 7th set of 4characters always changes…

I’d be interested to know if there are multiple versions of the button, as some people are having more luck than others.
I have two buttons, both of which have the following on the base:
WXKG01LM
CMIT: 2015DP0290

both disconnect after around an hour.
Anyone got anything different?

I had a thought today about the fact of different people are seeing different behavior. This may not have anything to do with it, but it’s possible that the devices that are within one hop of the zigbee Coordinator in the hub are better able to stay connected than the ones that are using the mesh. That’s not true of ZHA 1.2 certified devices talking to a ZHA 1.2 certified Coordinator, but it might affect devices of other profiles.

Like I said, just a random thought, may not apply at all.

That is an interesting thought. I can try to keep one close to the hub to see if it stays connected.

It stays connected for me all that time, but looks like it go into some sort of sleep mode. Because I have to push the button more then once before it starts to work after period of inactivity. The way I see it, for now it is useless even staying connected. .

Anyone have any updates on this?
I’m considering purchasing if it’s still looking positive - would like to help out.

Unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to continue investigating the Xiaomi devices. It’s too bad as they are a great size and affordable. I wouldn’t purchase them if I were you unless you want to get a couple for testing and to play with.

2 Likes

@erocm1231

Xiaomi also have a Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Any chance you could help me to writer a driver if I could send you one of the sensors? It’s nice and cheap and should be pretty simple.

1 Like

One more update… something changed again in the Smartthings Platform. I was now able to successfully connect both Button & Door Sensor and keep them active for more than 36h.
They are working instantly, even better than my ZWave Button controlers which sometimes need 2 presses to wake up and trigger.

The Xiaomi devices even have an endpoint associated to the device. Something they never had before. Ill keep trying them for 1 more week, and if they continue to work properly, i’ll order more of them :slight_smile:

Very happy i didn’t get rid of them so far.

4 Likes

this is great news!!
It would be great if we could get confirmation from someone @ smartthings. I will buy a few of them

Hi,
i’m unable to pair my door sensor with the hub v2. Already tried resetting, lots of pairing trys…
So i cannot confirm this.