[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

In your case I would do the following:

IF Time is between 6AM to midnight
AND
Trigger happens every hour (still using Time)

THEN Refresh

Should I use Refresh or Poll? I had originally setup a DO but that didnā€™t seem to work so now I have it set as a Simple If Then with a wait.

It seems to be counting down. I will see what happens.

Refresh works for me. Not exactly sure what Poll does.

OK, yeah so far Poll hasnā€™t worked. I had noticed in the Event Log that it said Poll for a command so that is what I used. I will try Refresh and see what happens. This is what I have right now.

Iā€™m not sure if your THEN logic is going to work even if you replace Poll with Refresh. You may need to have it set up like thisā€¦

You could just use Pollster.
I have it set to poll various devices every 15 minutes.
You could set up a poll for every minute.

This app works very well.

Where do you get Trigger? I canā€™t find that.

Capability: Time
Comparison: happens at

Thanks! I am very new to CoRE but I like what it can do and so I am learning. Wish there was more info on all the variables, etc. Anyways, I did try this and it doesnā€™t work because it is giving a Current Evaluation of False. I think because of the AND Trigger happens every hour. This has to be put somewhere else.

I may have to go this route if I canā€™t get CoRE piston right. I just want to avoid having a whole pile of apps.

Yes, it will be False until the trigger happens on the hour and then it will momentarily turn to True and your piston will fire. Trust me, it will work.

You are correct! It did work. I didnā€™t think it would work because I tried to Simulate it in CoRE. I thought it would just run it in Simulate. Thanks for the help!

Thanks. I went with this method polling every 15 mins.

This app does seem to work better for me as well. Thanks.

For those of you wanting to use CoRE to update this hourlyā€¦ use this piston. Itā€™s what works for me.

1 Like

Where do I find weather as a device (e.g. location, switches)?

Look under temperature devices

Found it. Thanks!

This looks and works great! Any chance you could add the forecasted high and low to this too? I think that would round it out completely. Thanks for a great app!

1 Like

Hi,

I have installed it, and it seems to work well, but on my Nexus 7 it does not look as fancy as the picture you posted. There are only few tiles and the info is not as details. Do I miss anything?
Thanks.
Ton

1 Like