[OBSOLETE] [V 1.2] Kodi Manager - integrate and control Kodi with Smartthings

Yeah I had a play earlier. Update it and take a look.

@Antongiulio_la_cort1 I just realised I never pushed the code to beta, doh!

I have now, check out the new icons. Probably not what you want, but better than before. But then you can edit like you have anyway.

Want to add a couple of things then get this pushed to release. As the next dev I want to do is a in the deeper interactions, so want to push a stable beta forward to allow that to move into beta stage

OK added skip functions, tidied stuff up a bit and made icons (see screen shots in initial write up).

I think this beta is ready for release.

@Antongiulio_la_cort1 seems to be the only tester (thank you for the help). If anyone else wants to try it, please feedback.

Will push to V1.1 assuming no issues found.

I’ve been meaning to test this out and finally had a few minutes to remove my old setup and try to setup the beta.

I must have something a bit off but haven’t had time to look into it yet. Every command I click in the device I see this in the log:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getValue() on null object @ line 329

also if I click View URLs I get nothing and in the log I see:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 500 from global /clients/null with status text Internal Server Error @ line 65

@jjslegacy Thats really weird.

The NPE is trying to get a value of the device, so there is definitely something odd in the set up.

Have you definitely got the beta smartapp from here along with the beta device handler? You haven’t ended up with the master smart app?

edit: Hang on - have you enabled OAth in the IDE for the smartapp? I think that might be the issue. I’ll add that to the install instructions

I didn’t have OAth enabled but that doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

I added your beta repo and pulled from the IDE so I assume both pieces are from beta.

No change though: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getValue() on null object @ line 329.

I also see “WAITING” as the status in the smartapp.

**The Click to view URLs works now with the Oath change.

@jjslegacy Well that’s one thing fixed - great. You will see waiting until the callbacks come through

The NPE is odd
 I have managed to re-create it and (I think) fix it
 Can you update the device handler and try again please?

I am wondering how it ever worked
 but hey, testing brings out all the weirdness in the code!

Thanks for the help and info

Quick test says so far it looks to be working now.

@jjslegacy Great. Any other feedback welcome

Thanks

This was my cut of the icons with the previous version of the device handler, before the changes you made over the last couple of days. Your thoughts?

@Antongiulio_la_cort1 yeah nice. The black background is a bit bold for my liking and I like a little bit of colour. The blue select looks nice, tying in with media player.

There are some more changes I want to add into V1.2. However, maybe if I make it easier to change to your own icons etc. Will be easier for you and others to customise yet still roll in updates. That could work?

Sure, that works. Many thanks.

Hello guys, first thank for all your work. I have been looking for something to like this. I was able to install the DTH and smartapp and control my kodi. I’m have a hard understanding what to do on the callback side, I have read through the wiki but cant get what to do. Can someone please help me with that?

@idioffo89 No worries - I’ll add to the README but for now:

You need to add a task for each of the URLs (play, pause, resume, stop, startup & shutdown) in the smartapp, click ‘View URLs’ . So for each of those add a http task and paste the url in.

Then for each of those tasks create an event on the event tab, making the event trigger the relevant task. So assuming ‘play’ is task 1, on the even make on Playback trigger task 1. etc

@Antongiulio_la_cort1 I’ve pushed a new beta with the new customisation map at the top of the code. I haven’t put much other functionality in yet as just wanted to validate that.

Can you update to the beta, take a look and feedback please? NB you need to re initialise the smartapp

Anyone else who wants to test feel free and feedback. Install the beta makes sure its working and take a look at the top of the DTH code at the ‘getUserPref’ method. You can update any of these to your own colours and icons etc.

All good on my side, it’s working perfectly :)) Huge thanks! Can you tell me more about the ‘Samsung TV connect’ code on your git hub? I’ve got a Samsung series J.

Actually I have just noticed one strange thing. The main icon in the media player tile is always staying on the pause symbol for me (regardless of the video being played/paused). And the device status in ‘Things’ also doesn’t work, when pressed to change from play to pause and vice versa. It was working with the previous code versions.

So with this can i make playing a movie in Kodi a trigger for CoRE, but watching live TV in Kodi not do nothing?

@Automated_House Yeah that’s the idea. Take a look at the README about the ‘currentPlayingCategory’ and let me know how you get on. Depends on your set up and what addons etc you use, I can only test what I have.

@Antongiulio_la_cort1 I haven’t done anything with the Samsung TV stuff yet, wanna finalise this. Main thing I wanted was on and off automation for the TV, which I have done with this Kodi one. Will take a proper look at some point.

I think I fixed the bug you found - can you check the new update please?

Also all the new theme and Map for overwriting you own theme. This I have exposed everything needed at the very top of the code now.

1 Like

Should I replace both the device handler and the smart app? I am just asking to see if I can avoid replacing the smart app, since that requires updating the kodi callbacks too, so the process is a few minutes longer :))