[OBSOLETE] Thermostat Manager - An alternative to Thermostat Mode Director

Chris,

Okay, now I will first say that this is something that I could fix by modifying Thermostat Manager. However, this would be a significant change and you are the first person to have run into this issue so I’m thinking that you are probably just using a bad device handler. If thermostats begin to move away from using, “thermostat” capability to something else however, I will eventually change TM. But I don’t think that this is something that is necessary at this time.

I found you some alternatives. I also suggest that you search these forums and find some other options yourself, there will be plenty to choose from. Just make sure that you see the line:
capability “Thermostat”
near the top of the code.

Others in the forum say that they use this device handler for your thermostat. It’s just called, “Z-Wave Thermostat”. FYI, I also read people saying they’re using a device handler called, “Z-Wave Thermostat Generic” but I couldn’t find it in the repo. If you see it in the SmartThings app, I suggest trying the, “generic” one first.

Now here is a developer from the forums who CHARGES for his work. This thermostat is a PAY thermostat. If you want the code you have to buy it – or something like that. I’ve never used any of his stuff myself. But it looks like a very full featured device handler. If you don’t mind paying some money and want a really nice device handler, this one might be for you:

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know. Always glad to help. And again, if this starts to be a trend I will modify TM to keep up.