[OBSOLETE] Sport Notifications SmartApp

I got zero notifications last night for either goal scored in Blues game.

Setup the Touch Notification for the team you want to test and then the Sport Notification should contain a play button you can press to test the goal.

The error I just duplicated, Iā€™ll provide a fix for that.

1 Like

I just noticed that happened to me as well last night ā€¦ Iā€™ll have to investigate.

Question ā€¦ are you using the switch that turns the team game notifications on/off? Because I just noticed that the subscribe handler for that switch is not getting called each time ā€¦ not sure if that has to do with the recent hub update or something else right now. However, if you turned the switch on and the notification handler was not called then notifications would not happen.

There were issues with North American server today I guess that was causing all sorts of issues ā€¦ So Iā€™ll need to reeval if what I was seeing was a real issue or not ā€¦

1 Like

Minor updateā€¦

NHL Notification Service v0.9.9.

• Fix exception error when attempting to enable notification goals.

I have an issue when the switch is turned on during the game. It triggers the goal sound and lightsā€¦

Not exactly sure ā€¦ but I suspect that if there has already been a score while the game is being played before it is turned on, then once it is turned on it thinks there has been a score because it initialized the score to zero and first time it pulls the score itā€™s ā€œchangedā€. Probably need to initialize the scores by pulling if a game is currently in play.

I still cant get the booā€™s to play either but thatā€™s not a big deal (I know we have tried to troubleshoot before). The work you have done with this is awesomeā€¦

Is the development of this app still active? I saw it listed on the list from Ask Alexa that it can utilize this app. True?

It still works - Well I only flash lights for goals

my Lights are white before flashing blue but most of the time donā€™t go back to white after though

1 Like

There was support added to send the notifications to Ask Alexa.

Excellentā€¦I will be installing this ASAP!

Let me know if you are going to look into the initialization issue for a game that is already started please.

What version of the NHL Notification Service are you using?

Iā€™m on sports notification version 0.9.1 and NHL Notification Service version 0.9.9

Thank You.

Please excuse any typos.

If this app is still being worked on, could I make a feature request? Would it be possible to have control over the individual notification? I like the pre game notifications, and the game start ones, however there are times when Iā€™m watching it from behind and the notification for last few mins and game ends with who won ruin thit ending for me. Could the notification section have simple toggles for which alerts are announced so we can turn them on and off individually?

Btw did I mention Iā€™m from pgh and a pens fan? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not actively developing it, but I can take a look when Iā€™ve got time again ā€¦ However did you know that notifications can switch on/off ā€œon the flyā€ (or by Smarthings routines) from the Device list? It shows up as an On/Off device. This way, if you decided you donā€™t want to receive any more notifications, you can just turn it off.

Btw, my wife has been working in Pittsburgh the last couple of weeks and went to the last two games :smile:

I have been just trying this app this week and what seems to be happening for me is the first goal will flash but subsequent goals donā€™t flash. I just have the flashing lights set right now.

Iā€™m not sure I follow. I manually turn the device off in the my device section when I know I am going to be watching on a delay, but then if I turn in on when I am caught up I get hit will what seems like a queue of all the scoring events. Plus when that is turned off doesnā€™t that turn off the pre game alert and puck drop? I really like having the ability to get the warning about it. Reminds me to make sure I am DVRing it because we put kids to bed at 7:30 and watch from beginning afterward. Is there something else I am missing about it?