[OBSOLETE] Smart Security Camera SmartApp - Now with Local Video Recording Support!

Here’s my example:

AWESOME thanks!!

Since about 1-2 weeks this smartapp is not working properly for me any more with conditional modes (e.g. away, night). Any advice? Many thanks.

Hi Ben,
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in any of the thousand posts around your amazing app. I have a Dlink DCS-5222L that used to work with my smarthings hub V2 without any problem. Do not remember exactly how I installed it because it was a couple of years ago but I think I used standard handlers for D-Link from ST. Features INCLUDED event based recording (on the ST cloud) that I could review from the Smart Home Monitoring dashboard. Now I can access my cam from outside my local network without any public IP nor port forwarding nor dynamic domain because I guess the job is still done by the ST hub. HOWEVER the event based recording feature is gone. Do not know exactly when it dissapeared… and I cannot see the way to use it again. My questions are:

1. Has ST removed this feature for cams that where already working/compatible? I guess so
  2. If I use your smartapps to do the same job, could I still access my real time video from outside my local network WITHOUT having to use any VPN, nor public IP as I do now?. Based on your posts I guess I cannot. If so, why can I access my real time video now and not if I use your apps?.
    Sorry in advance if I have said many foolishnesses
    Thank you!

Ive found smartthings/groovy dosnt like how you have formatted the repeat taking, using this seams musch more responsive and works fine even at 1/2 second (500)

if(picture == true) {
        	camera.take()
            log.debug "not motion"
            delayBetween([
        		camera.take(),
                camera.take(),
                camera.take(),
                camera.take()
    		], 1000)
			//(1..3).each {
            	//log.debug "not motion"
            	//camera.take(delay: (3000 * it)) //was 7000
			//}

}
1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, but longtime Smartthings user.
I have a several DLink Camera Model number 5222LB, I use the app “D-Link Camera Manager (Connect)” @blebson, to connect to my smartthings app, everything is working great, I can toggle Motion Detection, PIR, take pictures and record video clip. My issue is how to use one of my camera as motion detection device capability, instead of installing separate motion sensor device to trigger to take picture. With the “Smart Security Camera App”, you can set up rule, to take picture, But I can see the camera as an motion detection device, I know it’s should me a way to add that capability in camera Device Handler.
Can you help?