[OBSOLETE] Smart Alarm Updates

Also missing is the speaker announce when armed function.

I like having the announcement tied to the actual alarm and not just the mode/routine change.

1 Like

Yours is just Smart(er) Alarmā€¦

2 Likes

Apologies if it has been answered before (I did try a search!).

At times, I have the sirens going on, while the mode has been changed to ā€˜Homeā€™. Is there any quick way to turn off all the sirens? Changing the mode back to ā€˜Homeā€™ again only responds that you are already in ā€˜Homeā€™ mode. This has happened a couple of times now - have moved to the latest version of the app recently.

Thanks.

I think it is also missing the ability to send a push notification when armed/disarmed.

is there a way to integrate the sonos/morgan freeman smartapp so we can use the hosted mp3ā€™s from that app for sonos notifications?

I like Gekoā€™s app way better than SHM.

2 Likes

I agree SHM is too buggy!

@geko Just wondering, if I were to use a programmable keypad with three outputs, one of the three would be to disarm the system and the only other output I would use would be to trigger a silent alarm. If i make it so it triggers the panic, I would assume that will turn on lights and sirens as if it were a normal alarm? I have not had a chance to play with the app as I am coming up with a plan on what devices I would like to buy for a DIY system with options to be monitored by the pros. any info or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I am using a wall mount tablet as my panel and want it to sound for an alarm. I am sure it can be done with Tasker, but so far have been unsuccessful. I tried a mode change and thing state with if statements for mode=away and contact=open in both and neither worked for me.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I seem to have far more unexplained arming of system and siren alarms with Smart Home Monitor than when smart alarm was my security app. I removed the security mode from SHM (not sure if that does anything) If the false alarms continue, Iā€™ll turn off my ST ā€œsecurity alarmā€ and sirens altogether. Very irritating and drives my wife crazyā€¦

Same hereā€¦ Just yesterday the alarm sounded after being disarmed for about 5-7 seconds. Then the SHM app said there was no alarm so I could not silence the blaring alarms. I had to individually turn off the siren on each alarm after about 1 minute of fumbling through the app looking to why the SHM didnā€™t turn the sirens off or even show an incident happened.

Im about to uninstall and go back to Geckoā€™s Smart Alarm.

The entry delay is a pain in the ass too, I imagine with the entry delay being added it would give some time for SmartThings to turn itself off.

2 Likes

Hi. First post!

Anyway I have just got Smartthings up and running though Iā€™m having issues with the siren. I love Smart Alarm btw. My siren is the Evespring SE 812. As per another thread I set it up as the Smart Alert Siren.

So my problem is this. Basically I want a 30s delay when opening the front/back doors to give time to disarm the system. So I set this up in Smart alarm but the siren never goes off. I get the notifications that there is an intruder. Now, in the SHM security settings I have the siren off. When it is on, the siren always goes off immediately despite the delay setting in Smart Alarm.

If I look at the activity tab in the siren it always says ā€œsmart alarm sent off command to sirenā€. Obviously this is bad and surely it should be sending an on command after 30s. Iā€™m confused. LOL.

I have set the siren mode to strobe, siren and both but always the same result. I am pretty sure the zones are all set correctly too. Like I said the siren seems to work. It triggers just fine when set to on in SHM.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am having the opposite problem. I have the delay turned off for stay mode but the sirens never fire. I am going to look at the configuration again since this is my first time installing smart alarm.

Does anyone have the sonos sound notifications working with Smart Alarm? It does not play on my audio speakers.

I have the SONOS Notify with Sound app working fine but the SmartAlarm audio notification does not work. Any ideas?

@geko, thanks for the great work on Smart Alarm. Although the SHM is pretty good it is still a number of features short of what you have put together.

1. Integration with cameras other than dropcam
  2. entry / exit delays (which is huge by the way)
  3. assignment of modes to each zone
  4. Triggering of switches when the alarm sounds (this one is great because you can use it to trigger a Sonos Notifcation such as the dog barking)
  5. triggering of Hello Home Actions when the alarm sounds
  6. Audio Notifications (another big one, although my setup isnā€™t working yet)
  7. Notify on Status Change
  8. Remote Control options
  9. REST API

I am sure there are some work arounds for a few of these and I may have missed a few but thanks for all the good work.

1 Like

Hi guys,
Awesome smart app!!

One Question - is/has anyone hooked up the REST API to anything?

Iā€™m looking at an Ipad mini in wall mount to use it as a dashboard/set alarm panel.

is a great dashboard but doesnt seem to have the security settings to arm/disarm manually etc.

Any suggestions?

I have created a helper Smart App just for this purpose. You can create a set of virtual momentary button tiles with REST hooks and add them to the dashboard.

Give it a try:

https://github.com/625alex/SmartThings/blob/master/apps/PushToGet.groovy

idealerror did you ever resolve this? I ask because I am having the same issue with the siren not sounding. If notā€¦ does anyone else have a solution for this? I am going on vacation soon and would like to make sure my Everspring Siren will sound if an intruder breaks in.

Thanks!

• newtbd

I am having that issue with SHM.

I setup a seperate rule - a Away Alarm Backup and a Stay Alarm backup that triggers the sirens because SHM is failing to do so, even though it says it is activating them.

So youā€™re using SHM (Smart Home Monitor)? I am using Smart Alarm by Geko and having this issue. Also, when you say you setup a separate ruleā€¦ using what? Thanks for the quick reply btw!