[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Thanks, but I don’t see any event with Parent ID. Is it under “Live Logging” section? Also do I need to reconnect the sensors to go through the repeaters?

It’s not listed in the release notes for the update. But perhaps you should ask this question on that thread.

Support for multiple endpoints can’t be added to device handlers until it’s fully documented, and I also don’t see that anywhere in the ST developer documentation web pages either.

You literally just asked this same question in your post above this one. Anyone reading this post can see your first question. Why are you asking again?

Multiple threads open in multiple tabs :slight_smile: I thought it was another thread.

try this, it will solve your problems

1 Like

Do these work with the V1 Hub? Looking to pick up motion and humidity sensors

No, only v2 hubs

Darn. Can I link the v1 with the xiaomi hub? Probably cheaper than buying a v2 hub (unless there are better benefits for a v2)

i wanna add, some window door, can any one recommend the original Xiaomi or Anqara ? which one has the best range?

Can any one help me with this topic?

Thanks for the help

all my xiaomi devices work flawlessly with the original smartthings app. however, with the migration to the new samsung connect app the xiaomi devices are stuck on “checking status” anyone seeing this? is there a fix out? this is for both the original and the new aqara sensors

The new app does not work with (most, perhaps all - I’ve not checked for a while) custom DTHs. A search would have told you that (its probably been asked at least once on each individual DTH thread).

Stick with the classic app until you’re told you have to move over.

I have xiaomi aqara switch to control my hue lights, it was working fine until today. suddenly it stopped working , when i pressed button the smartlight will switch on/off the hue lights, but today the action is triggered but lights not coming on/off, i deleted the smartlight rules and reconfigured and also restarted STv2 hub, with no luck.

The only addition i have done today is added motion sensor, but i have deleted all the rules related to motion sensor. is the problem with xiaomi switch or smartlighting app.

Yes you can but it needs a bit of work including running Domoticz somewhere (raspberry pi is an option). Check out this wiki: http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Domoticz_Server

I have a V1 smartthings hub, I would prefer to go to V2 to get native integration with Xiaomi devices but I have a boatload of devices paired with V1 and it will be a nightmare to move those devices from V1 to a V2 hub.
My integration of Xiaomi devices with the V1 hub through domoticz has been very stable.

1 Like

The aqara button started working now, but still not sure why there is a outage for 3days, the only addition done is adding aqara motion sensor to my home control.

The basic motion sensor joins under the aqara DTH. Is it ok to leave it with that one or should I make sure to change them back to the basic motion sensor DTH?

What do you mean by “basic motion sensor”? Is it a Xiaomi device? If yes, which one - Xiaomi or the Aqara model?

They are both Xiaomi sensors. I have the basic one without the light sensor and the aqara which does have the light sensor. When I add the basic one it starts with the aqara DTH and i’ve been changing to the other motion sensor one. I imagine that it’s just the difference between the light sensor or not but wanted to make sure. It would be easier and faster to not keep logging in to switch the DTHs if I don’t need to.

Ok this is really driving me nuts. If any of these Aquara sensors connect through a repeater, say a light bulb, they will lose their connection if that light bulb is turned off. They will not reconnect through any of the other repeaters I have like any other zigbee device does. I have to re-pair these stupid things and just pray that they connect through something that doesn’t ever get turned off.

What am I doing wrong here? Do mine have a firmware bug?

Yup. These sensors have a lot of issues with repeaters. There are threads here and on the hubitat forums that talk about issues with repeaters. They don’t get along nice with a lot. If you have bulbs even worse. My sengled bulbs are not repeaters but I have a few sylvania plugs that are and work nicely.

They are not easy devices to get working. But they also weren’t made to work nicely with smartthings. People just happen to get them to work.

1 Like

Not sure why the Aqara Motion Sensor DTH would be chosen when paring the “basic” Xiaomi Motion sensor, but yes, the DTHs are the same except for the Aqara DTH interprets lux light sensor reports and displays the value in the user interface.

Why do you need to keep logging in to switch the DTH? That should only need to be done once.

Oh. I have to log in whenever i add a new one or need to do a full reset by removing and adding back in. I bought more of the basic and lux versions recently but haven’t added them all in yet. I should and just use the stable ones.