[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Can you please send me a PM with some log output showing some debug log messages for the Smart Plug when the temperature reports are received? With that information I should be able to troubleshoot the incorrect readings, thanks.

There is a known issue with custom device handlers (DTHs) going “stale”, which leads to difficulty in pairing devices using that custom DTH. It’s not an issue that started with the newest firmware, but I have seen it happen to me more often recently.

The way to “fix” it is to view the custom DTHs in your hub’s IDE and (re) publish them.

I have also seen a related issue where the pairing doesn’t complete, the device never shows up in the device list, but the live logging window shows that it’s paired. I call this the “ghost device” issue, and the only way to get the device to show up on the hub’s device list is to look for it’s Device Network ID (DNI) which would be found in the Hub’s events list (not device events, but hub events), similar to the “catchall” method some people need to use to get Xiaomi / Aqara devices paired.

Here’s more information on the “stale” DTH issue:

Temperature and Humidity reports may work with the ‘smartsense multi sensor 2’ device handler, but atmospheric pressure and battery level reports will not work.

I will investigate how to get Alexa compatibility for the Xiaomi / Aqara Temp-Humidity device handler when the device is linked through the SmartThings Alexa Skill.

Thanks for all the information and log entries.

Because I don’t have any of the Aqara Wired Smart Wall Switches, it is quite difficult to create a device handler (or modify the existing one for the Wireless switches).

Although the device handler for the Aqara Wireless might seem like it should work, it is not actually designed for use with the Wired switches.

I’m looking into it, but it will take time. I will post here when I have something worth testing.

1 Like