[OBSOLETE] New Virtual Thermostat With Device

How can we create a custom vid?

Use the CLI, see the developer subforum there is a very long thread on it

Am I being thick? I canā€™t seem to get this to work. Iā€™ve looked through all the other replies and canā€™t see that anyone else is having issues.

Iā€™ve created my fork of the code, and uploaded the app and device handler into the IDE.

When i try and run the device manager smartapp it says that it is unable to connect. but then creates a thermostat with the temperature at 23 degrees C, but i canā€™t do anything to edit it.

you must select a humidity sensor as well, even though it says optional.

@mvevitsis iā€™ve included the humidity sensor

It works totally fine for me as long as both temperature humidity and one outlet are selected.

looks like its something to do with the temperature sensor Iā€™m using (Shelly IOT HT sensor). Iā€™ve changed it so that its using my hive thermostat instead and all loads ok

When i adjust the temperature it stops at 7 degrees. Is there a way to go lower? I use it for a ā€œfrostguardā€ and it would be nice with 4 degrees.

Unfortunately it seems that this depends on the vid, so no.

Hi Steffen,
is there any possibility to update the app to make it work in the new ST platform? Temp can be set by 1 degree only, and the interface is diferent.

Thank you

unfortunately I donā€™t have time to work on this right now, but agree it should be updated.

What I do is that I use it from Google Home, there there are not the same limitations.

Has anybody seen an Edge alternative to this excellent SmartApp?

1 Like

[ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

Iā€™m pretty sure it is dumb, but the developer has already made some changes to make it operate, as well. Take a look at the thread I linked above, and then search for thermostat.

In response to my own question, Iā€™ve implemented (New Release) Edge Driver Z-Wave Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc [BETA] as a replacement and it works very well.