[OBSOLETE] Netatmo security

Still can’t save new ppl, error saving still.

Also getting errors adding new people (devices). Tried removing/re-adding/re-link account but no luck either way. Log below:

Error creating device: physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Netatmo Person’ in namespace ‘copycat73’ not found.
Creating child
In createChildDevice
Creating Person [name removed]

I found your post when I brought the Netatmo Welcome camera and thought I’d have a go at integrating the ‘thing’ into Smartthings based on your pretty descriptive post… well I was wrong. I’m loosing my mind when I get to the below element and can’t really figure out what I should be putting in here. I’ve put the link to Netatmoconnect, and when I follow your steps in the Smartthings app to add an app, my app etc… it takes me to the log in page of Netatmo, I log in and it takes me to ‘my apps’ page - not sure if I’ve either got the URL wrong or I should be doing something at this point… can you help?

Handy ! any chance the Led can be controlled too, that would become super handy for some routine setup

Someone on the Netatmo forums has a written a device type for smartthings allowing control as a dimmable light. Can this be integrated?

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13580&sid=c553442eace29d5dc4365391184ed7b4

That’s based on a part of the api that is not meant for the public and could be removed by Netatmo at any time, so I prefer to stick to the official documentation. Also to give an update, I’ve requested access to the IDE for the new app to see if I can make this app work better there. The old IDE just is too cumbersome to keep the functionality working in a simple way.

Hello,
I would like to use the Netatmo as a motion detector for the garden light.
But only if the Netatmo recognizes a human!

Has someone already set this up?
How can I control the switch off of the garden light?
It would be ideal if, after a while, e.g. 3 minutes after no more Human have triggered it turns off :slight_smile:

I did not manage it unfortunately :frowning:

I would be grateful for any tip.

The garden light is connected to Smartthings via Philips Hue gateway

@CopyCat73 i’m trying to install this SmartApp. I got to the part of your instructions where I need to edit properties of the SmartApp. Your instruction says to enable OAuth and paste the Client ID and secret in from the netatmo dev page. But the problem is when I enable OAuth, Client ID and Secret is greyed out and it says Auto-Generated in the fields. Am I missing something? In the settings section the client id and secret and serverURL were missing and i’ve filled them in but still OAuth is showing as Auto-Generated.

I just managed to install the smart app. I went to the automation section and added the netatmo. I then followed the instructions and selected my devices including my presence camera which showed in the list. When I save it, it doesn’t show in my things list, what am I doing wrong?

Just installed one of these and have the same issue, all seems to be configured & I can see the name of my camera in the SmartApp but then the device won’t show in my list. No visibile errors but will have a dig about to see if there are any clues.

Sorted the issue for me - the device handler hadn’t installed correctly. Removed it all and re-imported via GitHub and now the setup completes correctly.

Thank you :smiley:

I’m having issues finding my IP address, I’ve got the MAC address from the Netatmo Connect page but thats it. I’ve tried IPCONFIG on windows (CMD) but can’t match up the MAC address to anything. Any ideas?

Login to your router and find it in devices connected. Out of four I always have one that’s a bit off but works via process of elimination.

1 Like

Thanks @Joe_Mcnelly but I’m still struggling. This is what I’ve got from the router. It’s only showing a MAC address.

The Welcome is on WIFI if that helps.

Must be a way to get the IPs of connected devices, maybe enabling advanced or expert settings somehow. Maybe google your router, I really only know my way around mine well

Figured it out but I still don’t seem to be getting any info on the SmartThings Classic app. If I look at the “Recently” tab it shows motion but does not indicate in the “RightNow” tab.

Try clicking take

Did that, it acts as if it’s done something (said “taking” in blue then went grey again) but now when I click it the button just flashed blue with the word “take” only. It hasn’t stored any picture anywhere and I can’t see the snapshot on my app.

Hmmmm???:thinking::thinking::thinking:

If I got any of the data entered wrong it wouldn’t take a snapshot, when yiu got everything right it will show up, at least in my experience.

Ok, I’ll delete everything and try again later today. Is this link still the best?