[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Could you try two things to get more info for me?

1. Open Live Logging in the IDE and see what log messages show up when you tap the refresh button on the door
  2. In the IDE, go to My Locations -> smartapps (under the Installed Smartapps column). Then scroll down to MyQ Lite. If you can, DM me a screenshot of your Application State section.

Re-Authenticating each instance of the smartapp and re-linking the door sensor under modify devices in the smartapp fixed the issue for all three of my doors.

1 Like

thank you for the responses…i got it to work because as rda2w mentioned, i had to go through setup again…however, because it was attached to webcore it could not be modified until i removed the attachments. then i could delete the old garage door setup and setup a new one again. thanks for the great program!

1 Like

Thanks for all the cool work and great help!

I’m trying to set this up for the first time in SmartThings. My two Craftsman garage door openers exist and work fine in the MyQ app.

I installed the Community Installer, then found and installed the myQ Lite app from within the SmartThings Classic app. I ran the update from within the Community Installer, and all components of the myQ Lite app are up to date.

After going to Marketplace, SmartApps, My Apps, and entering my credentials for myQ Lite, and selecting the Craftsman gateway I keep getting “Could not find any supported device(s)…”

I went into my IDE, deletes the myQ lite smart app and the associated Device Handlers, and reinstalled all over again, but still no luck.

Can someone nudge me in the right direction please? Greatly appreciative!

Could you try this for me?

In the IDE, go to My Locations -> smartapps (under the Installed Smartapps column). Then scroll down to MyQ Lite. Click on that, then scroll down, and there should be an item called “unsupportedList.” If there’s something in there, send it over.

Thanks, but it’s not listed under installed SmartApps. The process never lets me actually install the MyQ Lite app because it doesn’t find any supported devices.

I re-read the FAQ and I think this part applies to me, but I don’t know how to fix it.

" If you’re still having trouble, there’s a small chance your IDE info is not sync’d properly across all SmartThings cloud shards. One way to tell this is by checking the Hubs link and noticing your hub missing. Another way to check that is to reset all cookies and log in again (or try from a different computer) to see if it logs you into a different shard at that point, which will let you verify if things are out of sync. If there’s a problem with that, SmartThings support can help."

Ok making progress but not.

I somehow got my hub to show up in my IDE, but when trying to add the MyQ Lite smartapp, it still can’t find any supported devices.

But now the myQ Lite app DOES show up under installed SmartApps.

In the field you asked about, it is blank:

unsupportedList

Ok weird, success kind of.

If I select Liftmaster or Chamberlain gateway (even though unquestionably I have Craftsman openers), I am now able to add my garage openers. Weird, but hopefully it doesn’t matter?

@brbeaird I am also having the “stuck in opening mode” and nothing seems to change it. The status is “closed” however. Any chance this can be repaired with having to uninstall and reinstall the smartapp?

Both of my doors are no longer working via Smartthings. I get an error: MyQ command failed.

Same here. Using the new version

My previously working MyQ credentials are rejected by MyQ Lite

Login Error
The username or password you entered is incorrect. Go back and try again.

However they are working fine in the myQ Android app.

1 Like

Well, I guess the good news is the new error messaging is working as intended. I’m also seeing this. I’ll have to dig into it further. Very possible they’ve switched off the V4 endpoint again.

I suspect that we have been getting some silent updates from Smartthings probably to the platform. I was affected by the device health issue yesterday and the one a couple of weeks ago.

Hmm…not looking good at the moment.

V4 Login response “please contact customer care”:

V5 Login response: "We are no longer supporting this app. Please download our new app “myQ Garage & Access Control”

My immediate feeling is this is a widespread change. I’m monitoring several other projects on github that use the API - others are bound to run into this and hopefully figure out a workaround.

1 Like

Did MyQ lite stop working? Everything was working fine till 2 days ago. Google commands stop working and my Smartthings is not responding either. I just updated the MyQ lite app too hoping it would solve the issue but nada.

Also the official MyQ app is working just fine.

Looks like these greedy mofo’s specifically shut this down. thjey want their $10 a month (JOKE! JOKE JOKE! it should be like $10 a YEAR!!!)

I am going to buy the garagdet or one of the other ones t hat work with smartthings w/o this bullshit. thanks so much for giving us a work around for a while though!

Ok, it looks like the MyQ V5 endpoint is still up after all - I just needed to use an updated AppId in the call.

I can work with this. Will see if I can get an update out later today.

1 Like

oh man i guess i better cancel my garaget order lol, i was sure based on the message they went out of their way to disable this so we have to pay, are you sure that is not what is going on here?

Yes, I’m pretty sure we can still integrate in this unofficial way with some tweaks to the code. Not in panic mode for now.

2 Likes