[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Ryan thanks for the info, i’ll check if my chambearlain motor have something like that

Hi. Does this DH work with Chamberlain garage door openers like the B970 model (complete with motor and belt, not just a MyQ hub), or does this DH work only with the MyQ hub? Thanks.

This will work with any opener that you get working with the native MyQ app. If the door doesn’t have the MyQ hub built into it, you usually just need to buy a separate MyQ device that can control the door, and this Smartapp can then connect to that.

Sorry for jumping in this discussion, but where can i download myq lite from? I cant find it in play store.

Take a look at the first post in this thread, the installation instructions are linked there. MyQ lite is a Smartthings smartapp and device handlers and not found in the play store.

Thanks Ricci,

I just figured it out. It works great with the old SmartThings app (classic) but doesn’t work with the new SmartThings app. I have the same issue with my alarm smartapp and SmartThings the guys at the support told me that the new app is not 100% compatible with cuatom smartapps yet. Hopefully upcoming updated will solve this issue. Thank you

Glad you got it sorted out. I agree they have a long way to go to on the new app to get it usable compared to the Classic.

Thanks Brian for your reply. I was able to install a Chamberlain B970 garage door opener. Now I need to get a tilt sensor. I see the regular z-wave one is recommended, but the z-wave plusversion is currently cheaper on Amazon.

Is this Ecolink Z-wave plus tilt sensor compatible for this application? Thanks.

Yes, I use that one in this application. Works great. Good battery life.

1 Like

Thanks for your confirmation. I received my tilt sensor today and got it all setup and working with my new Chamberlain B970 garage door opener.

1 Like

Evening everyone. I’ve been using this for some time (thanks Brian) however over the last 3 days it has started acting very strange. It will sometimes open and sometimes close. I suspected the battery on the sensor, so I replaced it. Still the same issue. I can tell Alexa to open garage door opener and she will sometimes, but I cannot get her to close it. The light blinks on the Myq also, but it doesn’t always respond to the garage door itself. 100% of the time, if I use the button on the wall the garage door opens and closes.

Any ideas?

Is the native MyQ app unreliable, too? All this SmartApp does it send open/close commands to the same API.

Also, do you happen to have LED bulbs installed near the door opener? Try pulling those out and replacing them with special non-interference types for garage doors. Before I did that, I also had trouble with my garage door responding to commands.

That is interesting, about the bulbs! I do have some that are not functioning as “smart” but do have the capabilities. Let me remove those and see what happens.

The app itself had an error but simply said too many failed commands and to reset manually. I’ve completely removed the device and reinstalled it. It appears to be working but I want to see if the bulbs are perhaps causing an issue.

Thank you very much.

I have just installed the app and it is great. Thanks a lot brbeaird, I will be sending you some love soon. Forgive me if this has already been covered, as I know this thread is very long so I am going to be lazy and ask, if there is a way to have the doors or door open up when my cell phone arrives home. I ride a motorcycle to work most of the year and this would be a great help.

Yes, if you have a contact or tilt sensor on your door you can have a “I’m back” routine that opens the door when you arrive. If you have the no-sensor version you can still do it but you’ll have to use CoRE or something else that lets you send the open command even when ST doesn’t know the door status. Check the github doc for more details.

I get an error saying Door Device already exists…

All my devices are publsihed.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Brian @brbeaird first of all thanks for the effort in making this, really appreciated.
I’m using the Smartthings (Classic) and the (New) Smartthings, did you or anybody tested to see if it works with the new one?
I saw a comment from @Lambrosfl saying this is not yet compatible, so my question is: is it because of the code or because of the New Smartthings app backend?

Thanks all

1 Like

Even though Custom SmartApps display as Automations in the NEW app that you originally installed from SmartThings Classic, devices with custom device handlers do not work/function in the NEW app as of yet. How and when that’s all going to be handled in the new app is still a mystery for us.

Continue using SmartThings Classic as you have been. :slight_smile:

The problem is with the momentary button. I see based on your screenshot that it shows that device as installed and published, so I have no idea why the SmartApp is not able to find it. Maybe try uninstalling the SmartApp completely and starting over?

I installed the SmartApp in SmartThings and can see the 'Garage Door Opener Close" and ‘Garage Door Opener Open’ Things and they work as expected when I tap the “push” button. My question is this: Has anyone gotten the garage door to open when you arrive home? I’m using the presence sensor in the app on my phone. I have the location settings set to Always for the SmartThings app. I see that it knows when I’m home and away, but i can’t seem to get the ‘Garage Door Opener Open’ to trigger when I get within range. I’ve set up the automation to “Open Garage Door Opener” when “Someone Arrives” and picked the corresponding things. What am i doing wrong?