[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Hi Soysauce I’m having the exact same issue did you figure out a solution? opens but wont close and now getting checking status. Also my 2 virtual switches are always on and wont do anything.

Louy

@Louy,
Sorry, I’m still having problem and have not found a solution. I have a temporary workaround for closing the garage doors only using IFTTT “Alexa Trigger” and the free premium MyQ account, though it doesn’t allows for opening the doors. I’m hoping I can get MyQLite working again soon.

I used simple command for now work well but would like to have the SmartThings myq app working. Below might help for now

louy

Thanks for the tip with SimpleCommands, just tried it out and it works great…although using alexa to voice activate them is still glitchy. I’m still getting use to the command syntax.

resolved, by creating a new password, it seems certain characters if used in the password do not get propagat3ed properly to the server

Were you getting the blank app screen hanging you up after trying to log in? Did changing the password finally make it work?

Thanks Tigre7 but this did not resolve my problem.
Louy

I received the password error :top:
to be specific I created a temp myQ account that I invited to my existing one for which I used a simple password.
I logged in to Myqlite with that new account, once I realized the password was being passed correctly I changed my original account password to match and deleted the temp account.

hope this helps

Sorry you’ve been having trouble. For what it’s worth, the app is still working well for lots of us and should keep working fine for the distant future.

I will say that trying to do this without dedicated sensors on the doors is a very messy thing in the new app right now. If you have sensors, though, the experience is much smoother.

3 Likes

I have been using the new app for several years now and have had no problem using Brian’s MyQ app…works great. Although I did just run into and issue where Chamberlain turned off MyQ functionality to my account because the battery was dead in the Chamberlain tilt sensor. Once the battery was replaced I was able to use both the Chamberlain app and Brian’s ST MyQ app.

On a side note you will definitely have a better experience using an ST compatible tilt sensor so the ST MyQ app can get the proper feedback.

Another point to mention is definitely link to the repo for the MyQ app as it makes updating much easier. Usually when I run into issues a simple update from the repo fixes it.

Great work on this app Brian!

1 Like

Hi Brian thanks for the input and the great software. The issue is not the software it worked perfect for years in the old app and the new, thanks for that. I have no issues purchasing a tilt sensor provided I’m not having an issue with the SmartThings it self. I can get the open close icon to populate in the SmartThings app but it just sits there indicating it’s checking status when I push the icon it will open the garage but will not close it and when I go into the icon the clouds are stroked out like its not seeing the cloud. My emails with RBoy he believes its and issue with the SmartThings platform and thus the frustration talking with Samsung tech today with no help at all with this problem. So at this point I have no real options. Should the icon switch in the app still open and close the door even with out a sensor? Thanks ctprice I have done what you have recommend with no luck same goes for manual and community installer. Seems like every time they have issues or upgrade changes we pay the price.
Thanks again
Regards
Louy

Early on when I had issues linking Brian’s MyQ app I believe I resolved it by updating from the repo and then also logging out of my MyQ account and the logging back in. Looking back through the forums it looks like you changed your credentials with no luck. Quick question…did you download and try using the Chamberlain MyQ app successfully?

Hi yes the app work perfect and Brians MyQ app was working perfect up to 3 days ago. I just tried a complete fresh install still having this same issue.
Louy

Soo I just ordered a Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor will see if this works.
thanks all
Louy

Hopefully that works for you. I am curious about that brand of sensor. For my setup I used the ST MultiPurpose Sensor but I do know availability for those is terrible right now. Good luck!

I’m using the Ecolink tilt sensor on mine and it works flawlessly. I know that attempting to go sensorless with the new app doesn’t really work right now.

Thanks ThomasTrain for some reason I manage to get it working with virtual switches again other then the opener icon not giving the open or close status, but will for sure install the tilt sensor. I have no idea why it start working didn’t do anything different. Was there much to setting up the sensor is it don in the MyQ app?

Louy

Should be very easy- one the tilt sensor is installed, just open the myq lite app, select the opener and on the next screen you can select the sensor.

Hey Brian [brbeaird], I’ve been using your app for a while now and never had any issues. It’s a great convenience at my house. So, I just wanted to say thanks and really appreciate all your past, current, and future efforts.

8 Likes

Before I buy the G825LM MyQ light controller I wanted to see if it is going to work with the MyQ Lite smartapp to control my builtin opener light.

https://www.liftmaster.com/825lm-wireless-light-control/p/G825LM