[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

I figured it out - I didn’t have that particular keypad checked in ULM. Figured I’d share my self discovery here in case anyone has the same issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was thinking about moving from SHM to SmartAlarm to get entry delays. However, (and apologies for asking, but it’s a long and sometimes confusing thread covering multiple iterations of the apps), I wanted to ensure I understand what I gain and lose by dropping SHM for SmartAlarm:

Smart Home Monitor:

1. Exit delay - Yes
    2. Entry delay - No
  2. Display armed/disarmed status on keypad - Yes
  3. Display armed/disarmed status on Dashboard - Yes
  4. Arm/disarm from Dashboard - Yes

SmartAlarm:

1. Exit delay - Yes
  2. Entry delay - Yes
    3. Display armed/disarmed status on keyboard - No
    4. Display armed/disarmed status on Dashboard - No
    5. Arm/disarm from Dashboard - No

I know there are other benefits of SmartAlarm, but I’m looking at this from perspective of my easily confused family, so having the current alarm status on the keypad and in the Dashboard are relatively high priority for me.

Thanks for any feedback!

I just set up my keypad with ULM and SmartAlarm. The most difficult thing for me was actually finding this thread since I was looking at the old one and a thousand plus messages.Everything else worked like a charm. Great work. Almost better than the native Smartthings devices. DanaBw - As far I can see 3,4,5 work with Smart Alarm as well. What does not work is the error/alarm message status and history in SHM.

It is possible to create a workaround to create entry delays using SHM.

I did this by first creating a simulated Contact Sensor and creating a Simulated Motion Sensor using the IDE.

Then I used a CoRE piston to change the state of the simulated sensors to active/open after waiting for a set amount of time.

Here is the contact delayed open piston:

Here is the Do piston that is called to open the door:

This only activates these virtual sensors when the SHM is in an armed state.

In the SHM setup then only have the two simulated sensors.

I also setup a separate piston to make the keypad beep when motion is detected or doors are opened while the SHM is in an armed state so that I would get an audible indication when entering the house when the SHM is active.

I have a similar piston to reset the sensors after motion has stopped (or doors are closed) or when the SHM state is disarmed.

1 Like

I have exit and entry delays with Smart Alarm using the modified version. It works without any modification or rules.

I understand that it is possible to have entry and exit delays with SmartAlarm my preference is to use SHM vs SmartAlarm and have created workarounds.

I considered just using the SmartAlarm App to but it uses Modes to control the alarm and there are times that having the alarm be active (especially for the Arm Stay mode) but not be forced to make a mode change to disarm the SHM.

Interesting, that doesn’t seem to match up w/what I’ve gleaned here about SHM vs. SmartAlarm capabilities. I didn’t think the three features below were supported w/SmartAlarm:

1. Display armed/disarmed status on keypad - No
  2. Display armed/disarmed status on SHM Dashboard - No
  3. Arm/disarm from SHM Dashboard - No

I’ll have some time to test a little later, but I’m surprised to hear that. Maybe I’ve misunderstood about SmartAlarm capabilities.

The problem either way is that using CORE or Rule Machine or Smart Rules all require remote processing. Example I open a door, the chime at the keypad is slightly delayed as well as the countdown timer for exit and entry. It all depends on how healthy ST network is. I have tried your method and yes it works with SHM, but again we are adding additional processing off site. It would be nice if I could use Smart Rules but it doesn’t have the advanced rules of CORE. Until local processing is available alarm will be an sticky thing.

I could be wrong but I didn’t think SmartAlarm (at least the custom code included in this release) would process locally either.

I agree it would be nice/useful to have local processing for the alarm and CoRE/Rule Machine/SmartRules doesn’t work locally… and fortunately for me I am not using SmartThings to actually trigger an alarm (no siren) I only get a notification on my phone.

Which is all I’m going to do especially since so far I find that I regularly get false alerts especially from SmartThings Motion sensors.

Yes both SHM and SA don’t run locally. I haven’t had any falso alarms, but what I did have was the alarm going off even with the dealy when SmartThings server was very slow, so delay wasn’t processed in time to stop the siren from going off.

If I could figure out how to run SA on a hard drive that would be great.

With SmartAlarm (At least the version in this thread):

Display armed/disarmed status on keypad: Yes (For both the Iris and XFinity keypads, the status LEDs will be green for disarmed, and red for armed)

Display armed/disarmed status on SHM Dashboard - Not yet
Arm/Disarm from SHM dashboard - Not yet

For the integration with the SHM dashboard, someone did post a patch in this thread to get that integration, but I haven’t reviewed / tested it. If someone wants to review it, then post a pull request to my branch, I would be happy to integrate it into the code though, just haven’t had time to test.

–Zack

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the clear reply. If the patch is simple to test (copy/paste) I might have time to try it out later.

Did a quick search in this thread on patch, integration, SHM integration, etc., and didn’t find anything. Do you remember where that post was, or have a keyword to help me find it via search?

Looks like it was in post 223:

@Natecj mentioned (in the next post) that there was still an issue with getting multiple notifications that he was working on, but he might also be able to make the pull request, if he’s fixed those issues.

–Zack

1 Like

Great, thanks for pointing me to the section where @con40 & @Natecj had some back and forth there on it.

It looks like @con40 said that he had disabled SHM notifications so didn’t have the issue w/duplicate notifications. That makes sense, you’d want to choose whether to have SHM or SmartAlarm notifications. So maybe really nothing to fix, folks would just need to turn off notifications in one or the other?

Not enough info there for me to do anything w/my very basic copy/paste skills, but hopefully @Natecj will see this and chime in. SHM integration would make this very useful for my family - I’ve finally gotten them trained on using SHM and shudder at the thought of having to get them to learn a different way. <eek!> :wink:

I tried to do every set up I could think of the entry delay never seems to work. On the smart lock app I don’t have a delay set. And on the smart alarm app I have the 30 second delay set. Keypad and alarm set. All zones are set with delay allowed and still no luck.

Regarding keeping SHM and Smart Alarm in sync, I found the link to @Natecj’s original post and saw that the additional code is just added to the end of Smart Alarm, so it was a simple copy/paste.

Just copied it in from Natecj’s repo below into the Smart Alarm app in my IDE and saved/published, and will have time play around w/this a bit later today at home, hopefully.

I also published a second version of the Smart Alarm app in my IDE from his code to try as well.

Fun, fun, fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I installed @Natecj’s modified SmartAlarm app, already had the User Lock Manager and DTH from this thread in place.

1. Entry and Exit delays both work
  2. Keypad, SHM Dashboard, and SmartAlarm alarm status displays stay in sync
  3. Can enable/disable from the SHM Dashboard, from virtual switches (I’m controlling alarm state in SmartAlarm via virtual switches, an added feature in @natecj’s app) and via routines.

Love it!! :smiley:

Issues:

1. The multiple push notifications issue on disarm that has been mentioned
  2. After disabling door sensor monitoring in SHM (otherwise SHM will still monitor/alert as soon as a door is opened), the SHM intrusion notifications that are normally viewed/managed on the SHM Dashboard aren’t available. So if you don’t have your phone near you and miss the SmartAlarm push notification (and or text notification if you set that up), when you go to the app and look at the SHM Dashboard it will look like everything is safe and sound.

So it’s still a trade-off, but really like having SHM Dashboard status/control consistent w/SmartAlarm status/control, and it certainly is easier for my family to understand/use.

Presumably the duplicate notification issue may not be too hard to fix, but I’m not sure how feasible it would be to get some sort of replacement dashboard w/persistent SmartAlarm intrusion notifications that have to be dismissed. Would be cool if SmartAlarm intrusion notifications could somehow be fed to SHM Dashboard and managed from there in the normal manner.

Great stuff, thanks for all the help, really happy w/the keypad integration, alarm status sync, and entry/exit delay.

Come someone please help me with my entry delay. No matter what I do I can’t get it to work. The second I open my front door the alarm goes off.

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up my Centralite 3400 Keypad using the DTH, ULM, and SmartAlarm codes found at the top of this forum. All seams to be functioning fairly well with one exception. The entry/exit delay does not happen (2 sec interval beeping increasing) on the keypad. The mode change is delayed. However, the keypad does not beep or show any signs of an exit/entry delay. I have ensured that the exit delay is set to 0 in ULM and 30 in SmartAlarm and “Send Status to Keypad” is disabled in ULM. Also, I have set the “Beep Length” to 1 in the API Device Preferences. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? I am at a loss.

(P.S. The keys still make beeps, so I doubt it is a faulty speaker as another user experienced)

Thanks

I set the delay in ULM and I enabled send status to keypad. But, I’m using SHM, not smart alarm.

It’s worth a shot cause it works fine for me.