[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Sorry you got sent in the wrong direction.

There is no native ST capability for time based user lock codes and Rboy has not released a replacement for LUM in the new architecture. No-one has created another ST app that can do time based codes either.

Some people are using other third party solutions that support time based codes like Seam or lockmanager.io . Others are using Sharptools to add and delete codes at specific times to emulate the behavior formerly in LUM. @bthrock is using an app that is supported on the Hubitat platform and an Edge driver that can uses the ST APIs to synchronize devices between the two platforms (requires s Hubitat hub).

Thatā€™s the current state, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I was using lockmanager.io, but after my locks finally converted to Edge drivers lockmanager.io was not able to remove/add codes. I kept getting failed to update notices. Since I was only using it for the limited purpose of deleting/adding a code for our cleaners, I just deleted it and starting using SharpTools instead.

One minor clarification. HubiThings Replica does not use any specialized Edge drivers. It simply subscribes to existing SmartThings devices, in the same way that SharpTools does. There is another program, Mira, which uses custom virtual devices to mirror Hubitat-based devices.

2 Likes

Thanks, bruce. Appreciate the help. Iā€™ll keep plugging along. It just seems strange. Iā€™ve run across so many posts on different forums from people who are trying to do this exact thing. Like, allowing a nanny to have access to the house from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or being able to restrict a house cleaner to the hours of 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. etc. Just blows me away that none of the major players donā€™t include this in their basic suite of capabilities.

Like others have said above, SharpTools can perform the basic functionality of automatically adding and deleting codes at specific times. I personally have been able to recreate all of the features that I need that LUM used to perform with SharpTools and the built in SmartThings functions. My needs were pretty basic though and never needed the rental lock automator functions.

2 Likes

Thanks, Creeker! Iā€™m going to check it out. Much appreciated!!

You need to unsubscribe via your PayPal account.

Anyone know if there is an update to this thread at all? Weā€™ve been manually adding codes using Smart Lock Guest Access on the SmartThings app to our 22 units since RBoys stopped being supported.

Looking for an automated solution that takes a feed from either zapier, google sheets or similar and deletes codes at 1159 and creates the new codes at 1201.

Any help, guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark