[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

So I’m not familiar with that Device Handler at all.

Have you tried the other Device Handler (Z-Wave Reporting) just to see if this has the same behavior with your lock?

Yes, the very first run at it was with z-wave reporting also from ethayer’s github. I switched to garyd9’s for the extra features

Hehe I had typed a bunch of other stuff while you were replying:

Ok ** Another test to try:

Not sure if you have it installed already, but you can install the SmartThings NEW Smart Locks SmartApp from Marketplace / SmartApps / Safety and Security / Smart Locks. If you have already installed it, it will be in your Dashboard and accessible there.

Modify the Type for your Lock in IDE to Z-Wave Lock and Update.

Then goto the Dashboard and open the Smart Locks SmartApp from there. Toggle over to Lock Codes. Is it enabled for you to add a code?

We are only doing this as a test to see if the Lock Codes remain stored in the lock.

Don’t worry about this DTH not having all the bells and whistles. We are trying to determine if you have a device handler issue or something else going on.

Also let me know if you had already previously installed the Smart Locks SmartApp and messed with it in the past. Making sure to rule out different root causes along the way.

Was typing a big reply but figured some screenshots would say it easier. The Jan 6 date is the day I first installed the lock.

Edit: first time using this app

So wait a minute, I’m confused.

So with your Smart Lock SmartApp and the other device handler are those the 3 codes you previously created?

Just trying to get on same page versus reading everything upline.

Read post above first.

With code 4 that you just tried to create, how many digits did you put in?

Try it with 4 digits, 6 digits and 8 digits.

All codes I’ve created were through Lock Manager app and all codes were given a name based on the person the code would be associated with. For example “Mike - 1234” So no codes ever named “Code 1”, etc… I’m also using 5 codes.

SmartLock app will only allow me to enter 4 digits, I’m assuming because the lock is set at 4 digit codes

In the IDE under lockCodes states I see “2018-01-06 6:22 PM AST - 3 days ago lockCodes {“2”:“Code 2”,“1”:“Code 1”,“4”:“Code 4”}”

Ok, will it let you delete the 3 that are there?

no, can’t delete either

Ok go modify the device type again and select Z-Wave Lock with Codes this time.

Then make sure to exit out of Smart Locks and then open it again and see if you can add a 4th code again.

Codes still can not be created, removed or renamed after changing to z-wave lock with codes

Ok switch it back to Garyds Type again and then remove those 3 codes using Lock Manager.

After you successfully remove the codes, change the Type back to Z-Wave Lock with Codes.

Codes are still empty in lock code manager. Using the z-wave lock reporting type as well

Ok open Smart Locks in Dashboard / click on Gear Icon / Click on Remove.

done, not change in lock code manager

So Smart Locks is gone from the Dashboard now?

yes it’s gone

Ok did you change the Device Handler back to Z-Wave Locks with Codes - Make sure you are choosing above all the Zigbee Types. Some people have Z-Wave down at the bottom as a custom DH. Just want to make sure you are choosing correct one.

Yes, that’s the one. Below z-wave garage door opener and above metering.

Yep. Ok go back to Marketplace and add Smart Locks again

Then open it from dashboard again. Are those 3 codes still there?