[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

In Automation, open one of the Lock Managers and scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Remove

1 Like

Your ā€œlockupā€ idea is great. Saved me so much time trying to figure out a way to re-arm the system. Thank you!!!

Hi,
Iā€™m not a programmer and so do not know how to code. I was able to install the Lock Manager following the excellent instructions. I was able to add 4 users and assign each one a lock/unlock code from the Lock Manager app that I installed for my Schlage Connect door lock. The question I have is, when I look up the logs in SmartThings devices, Iā€™m able to see the status, but by the code used. (See image below). Is there a way the actual user names that I assigned will show up instead? This way I will quickly know which user opened the door rather than look up the code and the assigned user from the app?

Can this be used with an ā€œinvitedā€ smart things account? I have successfully installed this on my account but I would like for my wife, whom I have ā€œinvitedā€ in smartthings, to be able to manage lock codes. Unfortunately when I pull up the lock manager app on her phone and try to add a user I get an error - ā€œSomethingā€™s wrong We canā€™t load your screen right now.ā€

Does this app need to be installed on her account? Have I not setup permissions correctly? Is this even possible?

Publish all the child apps (Keypad, Lock and Lock Users) and that will make it so other user accounts can add/manage locks and users.

Iā€™ve deleted / re-added all apps to the main account in a ā€œpublishedā€ state. I still have the same error. Any other thoughts? Can I provide any diagnostic information?

I donā€™t know the answer. If you installed and published the 4 smart apps, the only thing I can think to try is force close the ST app on her phone, and reopen it. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some assistance.

I need some help chasing down a long running issue. Iā€™ve exhausted all the troubleshooting I can think of so turning to the great minds here for some additional suggestions. I have 2 Schlage Connect locks in my house which are installed on my garage door (door coming into the house from the garage) and front door. Iā€™m using the Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock DTH and Lock Manager. It seems the batteries in both locks donā€™t seem to last more than several months but the lock on the front door often has issues lasting a few weeks. Iā€™ve observed the lock on the front door exhibit the following behavior.

Battery Reports 100% in the evening and is completely dead by morning (this has happened several times within a week of installing fresh batteries).

Lock stops reporting statuses to ST, wonā€™t show when lock is locked/unlocked, wonā€™t respond to commands to lock/unlock. The keypad on the lock still responds and can be unlocked. Normal lock operation resumes by unplugging and re plugging the battery connector (without changing batteries)

Same as above but the keypad wonā€™t respond.

There are a couple things Iā€™m wondering about. I noticed that something (I assume lock manager or the DTH) is constantly polling the lock to refreshcodes. This seems to be happening every 5-10 minutes. Should this be happening? It seems odd to me that it happens so often after the initial code learning routine. I mean maybe once a day or something would be good in case a code was manually added but I donā€™t think this is correct to happen so often. By polling so often does it prevent the lock from entering a low power state? Can the polling frequency be changed or stopped entirely?

I understand z-wave is a mesh network. I have a z-wave dimmer installed in a ceiling fan. I did this vs. in wall z wave switches b/c the circuit had like 4 dumb switches I didnā€™t want to all swap out. If I want to turn the light on/off I use the dumb switches and if I want to dim the light I do that via smart things. The reason I mention this is the fan is in the same room as my front door. Iā€™m wondering if perhaps the lock and the dimmer switch are using each other and then at night when I kill the power to the dimmer the lock freaks out and either has to use more power to communicate with a node further away, canā€™t find the path it needs, spends a ton of power trying to self heal or whatever. Iā€™m not a z-wave network expert by any means but these are just some thoughts Iā€™ve had.

One other thing to mention I contacted Schlage and they sent me a replacement lock that is exhibiting the same behavior.

Any thoughts about the points Iā€™ve made or suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further would be terrific! Thanks!

I would try installing a z-wave outlet near the lock.
and see if that helps.

I guess it wouldnā€™t hurt to try. I have an in wall zwave switch and the hub itself which are both within 15 feet of the lock. The switch has nothing but air between it and the lock. There is a single wall between the lock and the hub.

Iā€™d still like to know if someone can answer my questions about the polling or any of my other points.

OK probably a newbie question, but I have had this problem now 2 or 3 times with Lock Managerā€“my first community app. I get it installed just fine, do some stuff like create users with keycodes, etc., the codes work (Schlage Connect) ā€¦ then after a day or two, the app disappears from the ā€œAutomationā€ tab in the ST app. Just gone. Weirdly, it still appears in ā€œMy SmartAppsā€ on the web API interface.

(Iā€™m sure this question has been asked before, but I canā€™t seem to get a good search in this forum. Any help on that front?)

Is the Lock Manager smartapp showing as published in IDE?

Yesā€“sorry, thatā€™s what I meant by the web API interface

To get to IDE, do you use the following linkā€¦ https://account.smartthings.com ? If no, see if it is redirecting you to the link you were using. Also, Check if the smartapps show under My
SmartApps. It is possible you are on the using the wrong shard. If you do not see the smartapp showing there, then logout. Then login to the link you used previously, go to my SmartApps and remove the apps and remove any device handlers under my device handlers, logout and login to the link above and add your SmartApps and device handlers.

If the link above takes you to the same link you were using before, you should contact ST support to see why your app keeps disappearing.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

All of the sudden I am not getting notifications on the lock when it is manually unlocked. Any body else seeing this?

Thanks for your help. When I click your link, I login, then get redirected to https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/

When I click the ā€œMy SmartAppsā€ tab, I see the Lock Manager apps in there (all 4 of them, as in the screenshot I posted).

Still not in my app thoughā€¦

Contact ST support
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
:slight_smile:

Quick DOH question - when ST is down or offline or whacko (like it is now), codes will still work on the lock, correct? My understanding was that the lock (Shlage Camelot in my case) does not need network/cloud access to respond to existing lock codes.

Locks will continue to work.

1 Like

If the codes are programmed directly into the lock, you are correct.
But if the codes are stored in the app, and sent to the lock on a schedule then deleted (such as a maid that only needs it every Wednesday), then the code will possibly not be in the lock when needed.

1 Like