[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Been using the manager for a couple weeks. Everything worked great.

Today, no luck. The lock shows as locked when it’s unlocked.
Log shows empty. Clicking unlocking/locking doesn’t do anything.
Device shows as 99% battery.

What to do? Is this a recurrent issue? Never had a problem with any smartthings device before

Hmmm… I’m having none of these issues, but I’ll poke around and see what’s going on.

Ya’ll sure you didn’t install more than one Lock Manager app?

Note: You do not go to the Marketplace to open an app, you go there to install one, so if you keep going to the marketplace to ‘open’ lock manager, you’re going to have a bad time.

Delete any multiples of Lock Manager and try again using the Automations tab.

I wish SmartThings would fix this UX issue. There should be an ‘open’ or ‘install’ button on apps that already have an instance installed.

2 Likes

One of the issues that was brought up here was that global Hello Home actions weren’t working… but there currently are no options to set global HelloHome actions.

This is something I can add in for sure, but I’m wondering… what were you guys entering options into where you thought that it would run some routine globally? keypad options? (Keypads are not Locks!)

Ok, I added the option to have hello home actions on the global settings page as well as for specific locks instead of just the user level.

I also made the keypad settings auto-hide if you don’t have a keypad app initialized. Remember, just because your lock has a keypad… does not mean it’s a ‘Keypad’ :wink:

1 Like

Did you make sure you only have one instance of the lock installed? I’ve never seen this behavior before, and I can’t replicate it.

Hey Erik, is there anyway to log or notify on incorrect pin attempts?

Yes, but not every attempt. Locks have a threshold before they trigger an event AFAIK… and then they lockout for a couple minutes… every lock is different… but I can get the lockout event and notify on that.

I’ll put that on the to-do list.

3 Likes

If I am reading your instructions correctly, the existing codes for the locks should show up within the SmartApp. I am using the Schlage BE469NX and the FE469NX and have not seen the existing codes show.

Also, I am having a hard time getting the settings to load on the interface within the SmartThings app. The battery level will show, as well as the status, but the other items will not load (and I have no idea what the slider in the middle is for.

Yes I had one instance of the lock installed. When I ported over, I cleared out everything and started from scratch. I’ll do another test this weekend to try to debug some more.

I edited the notification messages to add the hub name, but that wouldn’t cause the retry issue.

I am having a problem with the Lock. In Smartthings, everything seems fine: 98% battery, reports temperature every so often, …
However, I cannot Lock/Unlock it (it used to work, but then suddenly stopped yesterday).

What should I do? I would appreciate the help

I’m pretty sure I only have 1 Lock Manager installed.

Erik updated the DTH yesterday … try updating the handler if you haven’t already. Hopefully, that’ll fix it.

Schlage Connect Camelot BE469 CAM 716
I have the latest updates from your Repo
DTH used; garyd9 : Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock

I have been using your Lock Manager for a few months now and its fantastic. I have had no issues with it at all until yesterday. I wanted to edit a User in the Lock manger app. The User had been created about a month ago but has not been used for the past two weeks. I had originally set it up with a “Hello Home Phrase” along with “Notification Settings”. Yesterday I wanted to edit the User but in selecting that particular User I ended up with this Screen. (By the way the four digit code no longer works on the door lock either.)

I only have 5 Users set up in the Lock Manager. The other four have no issues and can be edited. The difference between the Problematic User and the other four is the “Hello Home Phrase” set up along with “Notification Settings”. The other four Users are configured through CoRE. Im not saying this is the exact cause, Im just stating the differences.
I know I can just make a new User for this person and set it with CoRE. My concern is that the corrupted User will cause issues down the road. So as you can tell, I have lost access to the “Slot” that this User is set to and there appears to be no way to remove this User from the app. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all you do.

Hello all. I must say thanks for this great SmartApp! My only issue is that I need to add more than 30 user codes and I only see 30 Slots when I try to add a new user code in Lock Manager as depicted here:

I am using a Yale Real Living YRD-220-ZW door lock with the Yale AYR200-ZWV-USA network module. (https://www.yale2you.com/Products/Accessories/AYRDT200-ZWV-USA.aspx)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

1 Like

Anyone has a solution to this?
I updated to latest revision in Github, without luck

I had that happen once before. I clicked on each of the tiles and then it loaded and has been working ever since.

Seems that my Century lock has stopped updating in ST. Manual events are populating the log, but if I lock it with the keypad, the status stays at “unlocked” in the app. Changing the device type to “Z-Wave Lock Reporting” and back seems to have fixed it.

Hi,

I am using your app daily and I recently updated the Z-Wave Lock Reporting DTH and the apps to your most recent versions. Everything works. I have modified the DTH and Lock to customize how I get notifications from my Yale lock. In case you don’t have it, I have included below the Alarm info that the lock sends from the Yale Locks ZWave Developer User and Reference Guide Version 1.3.2. One of the differences is how it reports that the lock was locked by touching the keypad: it sends a Manual Lock alarm, but with an alarm level of 2 instead of a level of 1 for the manual turn. The other difference is that if the master code is used to unlock, it reports an alarm level of 0 for the Keypad Unlock alarm. I have tried modifying Lock to allow a slot number of 0, but the lock does not respond to an attempt to set the code for that slot, so I gave up since Lock keeps trying continually to set that code. I modified the DTH and Lock to let me know when the master code was used and when the keypad touch was used. Let me now if you would like to see my modifications.

In perusing the source code for those two, I noticed in Z-Wave Lock Reporting that you set usedCode to -1 when the lock reports that a remote command was used, but Lock interprets -1 to be Keypad Touch. And I believe there should be a “break” statement after case 18 (which I don’t use since my lock cannot be locked with a code).

I noted some spelling errors that do not affect the operation at all. I just tend to notice these things. In Lock, you have the methods notifyMaunualLock, notifyMaunualUnlock, alexaMaunualLock, and alexaMaunualUnlock. I assume that you had meant “Maunual” in those names to be “Manual”. Also in Lock there are two debugger calls that start with “Recieved”, which should be spelled “Received”.

Anyway, thanks again for this wonderful app.

Here is the alarm info from the Yale document:

COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM
The lock supports Alarm CC per ZWave specifications V9. The alarms listed below are sent unsolicited to devices included in the Association Group (see CC Association).

1 Like

What’s the easiest way to remove the app?

Should I remove the device too?

I’m not really clear on the relationship between global notifications and individual user notifications. Do the user notifications control whether that users events trigger a notification? I think I read that user notifications override global ones but if that’s the case how do I enable unlock notifications for all users at once?

Thanks

HW

I’m using the Schlage TouchScreen Lock with the latest Lock Manager Smartapp and touchscreen DTH. I am finding that notification of users added and removed is working inconsistently. More specifically, I seem to receive notifications of when a user is removed, but NOT when they are added back. I am using the ‘enabled’ toggle for each user in order to manually remove or add them to the lock.

Any ideas as to how to ensure I receive notification each time? Also, yes the notification toggles are all activated both globally and for each user.

Awesome app btw.