[OBSOLETE] Lightwave RF Integration (UK)

Got it working, noticed on the code the function that actualy is sending the register message, and on the simulator I noticed the button to invoke it. Dumb of me

Hi Guys - Ive been contacted by LWRF to purchase the new Gen 2 hub with the new LWRF switches which have some benefits if your trying to get round the Master and Slave switches. Would this hub be able to integrate with Smarthings the way the previous hub does using the method above?

I am pretty sure this would need some work on the Smartapp

The new Lightwave RF2 will now work with HomeKit, but I cannot find any mention of it natively working with SmartThings. That said, with plenty of Raspberry Piā€™s knocking about, it wonā€™t take long to make a bridge - if it comes to it.

My advice would be to wait for a few weeks after release date (October 3rd I think), and see what new users say.

Cheers
Chris.

Whatā€™s really annoying about an awful lot of these new developments is that the only missing step is the ability to call Google Assistant/Alexa/Siri as part of an API call. I realise itā€™d be a huge headache for them locking it down, but just imagine the possibilities, even with just the ability to pass a message as a ā€œThatā€ on IFTTT.

If ā€œSmartthings Trigger 1ā€ then "Tell Google Assistant to run turn on LWRF switch 4"ā€¦

Oh well, I can dream.

Hey guys,

just a thought, would this device work instead of using a typical motion sensor like Fibaro?

EBMHS Miniature, flush mounted, ceiling, PIR presence/absence detectors

im looking to put these in the ceiling and remove the fibaro sensor due to its un-realiabity and the speed issues. It works around 80% of the time, but want more around the 100% reliability. Was wondering if i wire this in would it still work the Lightwave switches, and show on the switch on/off status. My electrician friend seems to think it will work no problems. Not sure if its been done before.

Hi @adamclark_dev,

I am looking to use your code, although have come across an issue. Since the latest update they are not giving 4 digit pins.

So where it is asking for ā€˜pin codeā€™, what should I enter here?

Many Thanks

The groovy was updated, use this link.

Cheers
Chris.

Hi @Chris_Lambourne ,

Thank you for getting back to me. Iā€™m not looking to use a Raspberry Pi. Iā€™m looking to setup using the original posts setup using SmartThings. But they have now changed from 4 digit pin to a password.

@adamclark_dev - Is it possible to get this working with a password instead of 4 digit pin?

Have you tried entering a password instead of the suggested pin?

This is all great but why arenā€™t you guys just tweeting @lightwaverf and @lightwaverf_ceo saying you want Smartthings integration. Share this message as if enough people ask they will hopefully sort it.

Done it quite a few times. Answers are sadly not very positiveā€¦

Hi

Thanks for your help @Chris_Lambourne . I ended up going down the Raspberry Pi route. Works great!
I have noticed some intermittent issue, where sometimes the light do not come on when s sensor is activated.

I have setup a few scenarios using CoRE and SmartThings with LightWaveRF using the Pi to connect the lights to SmartThings.

Any ideas why in some cases If I cause a sequence of pistons to carry out one after another, that sometimes lights do not come on? Is there anyway to boost a pistons reliability?

Thanks

Can I suggest you post your piston then people can advise you.
There is a webCoRE forum.
Try posting there.
I also use LW with raspberry pi and donā€™t have any issues.

Hello All

Newbee here. I have been following this thread. I had a LWRF setup for few years. Just bought a ST hub. I was hoping to integrate the 2. I tried the original could-cloud method but has been unsuccessful. I have a PIN, which I think is now obsolete as I new use password to sign into app. I tried both and pin and password in Adamā€™s device handler but neither of them causes any movement on the hub. Any idea why this is happening. I am trying to connect to a dimmer switch using this. Do I have to register to the hub as a new device? If so how do I do thisā€¦? I cannot see any register button on ST app

I probably am going to try the node server route as I do have Rpi lying about. I do not any knowledge about coding/programming but I am quite confident I can follow simple instructions on the video. But I am still a bit confused as to why the cloud-cloud method is not working.

Many thanks

Hi

Just completed the node server setup with Rpi successfully. :slight_smile: Never installed Raspbian before. I was using Rpi for kodi before until I got my Android TV. All works well now. I had some issues during installation which is mainly due to my ignorance. For eg when typed su it was asking for a password and no default password would work, so I was stuck right at the beginning. After some googling found that I need to create a password first. Also I received error when installing the nodes and npm (no idea what these are :slight_smile: ) and I had to use apt-get update. I had no idea what I was doing but google told me to. I had to install npm using apt-get install npm separately. The part where really got stuck was when after I test run the server, I didnā€™t know how to stop it to install forever. Again googled and found that I need to press Ctrl+C

I wrote these, just in case someone like me tries to install and may help them. It all works fine now and I found a use for the Rpi which was gathering dust. Thanks to Adam and others for making this possible.

I do notice that the response is not instant and there is a slight delay in devices turning on though. No idea why

My delay is normally less than a second which I find OK.
It would be longer if it was cloud to cloud.
Been using this for over a year now and it has been working well.

Yeah mine is also 1 second too late :slight_smile: With the lightwaverf app, it is slightly quicker. I think it is that time taken to for the signal to travel from ST to Pi and then to LW hub, where as the LW app communicates directly with teh hub,

@jugular Glad you got it working.

I havenā€™t noticed any difference between (a) the LWRF app > LWRF devices, and (b) the Pi setup. Because its all on an internal network ā€˜ping timeā€™ is milliseconds (unlike IFTTT which can take > 10 seconds).

The LW app is good and does communicate quickly with the LWRF devices, but to use it, you still have to open the LWRF app, locate the room > device > command, etc. That would take several seconds.

With the ST/Pi integration, you can control your LWRF devices (locally and remotely) by multiple methods. Alexa being the fastest (using the Pi) as it doesnā€™t involve opening the LWRF app and navigating to the correct command.

E.g. I can control all LWRF devices, including Energy Monitoring, using my Smart Watch, Phone, Alexa and any other web enabled device anywhere in the world. Not mentioning, because of the Pi integration, I back up all data to a mysql database in the cloud.

I guess I am trying to say, its not just about speed - but capability too.

2 Likes