have a nice rest!

Using the modified DTH ZigBee Valve Lidl.groovy

Battery status not showing 0%.

I have modified other thing in DTH.
Try it

Did you reinstall the valve?

Hello,

My first post in the forum!

Last year on my business trip to Austria I bought a lidl wireless doorbell button.
Has anyone got this to work with smartthings?

@lucien,
Does the battery indication work?
If it doesn’t work it is better to remove the dth link from or modify it.

Regards

Reinstalled the DTH, and reinstalled the Valve.
Valve works, battery indication remains 0%
Thanks for all your help, Mariano.

Device Info

With current states:

Screen app:

Webapp:

Thanks foryour reply.
If you want to make one last try?
It’s hard to debug without having the device here. :wink:

I modified something else.
See if you can capture the configuration log, opening live loging before pressing update on the device.

Some of the dth fails in the valve configuration as the battery information does not appear in IDE current states.

valve configuration fine:

With your latest code I get the following Logs
Note error java.lang.NumberFormatException: null @line 120 (parse)

It seems that it has responded to the configuration, but the dth does not interpret it well, I will have done it wrong.
I have changed something else and since the device sends battery information every 10 minutes, if it changes.
Thank you for your patience

I am still getting a
f65a62af-0f79-413b-86cb-3335ea13096b 10:42:54: error java.lang.NumberFormatException: null @line 121 (parse)
Battery remains at 0%
Sorry for all the trouble Mariano, you are my hero :slight_smile:

I’m a bit lost without having the valve here, I’m thinking of buying one, hahaha. :rofl:

It responds to the configuration, but I don’t know if it is done well or the answer is not handled well. Leave it for a few days like that to see if it consumes battery and sends some battery level event.

could you make a complete capture of the configuration log? I put some log.debug to trace what it does.
Open the live loging and in another window change the version of the dth, thanks

While I look to see if I see anything, sorry

Here is the log, switched to Zigbee Valve and back to ZigBee Valve Lidl.

It gives the same error in both, the original and the modified dth. It receives a null value in the parse, when calculating the value of the battery.
Leave him with the dth you want, I’ll keep looking
sorry

if you select the Zigbee Switch instead of Valve, then you get the timer functionality working too.

The battery part does still not work though.

Another annoying thing is, that it automatically seems to turn off after 1minute (nomatter if I use Valve or switch DH). I wonder if there is some sort of keep-alive mechanism that the default DH does not have.

I can confirm that it automatically turns off the valve after 1min. Really annoying.

You mean hey the valve closes after 1 minute?

I’ve been going through things and hadn’t seen that the fingerprint defines the valve as a generic switch, (deviceid “0000”) and didn’t add it in the modified DTH metadata. It’s already added in the link.
If you want it to take effect, you have to uninstall the valve and reinstall it with the modified DTH.
I don’t know if it will do anything.

The lidl hub is very cheap € 18 and it works with lidl app or Tuya smart (smart life).
As the problem seems to be in the valve configuration with smartthings DTH, there are times when the device can be configured in the manufacturer’s hub, then uninstall and reinstall in smartthings.
Some of the settings remain on the device even if you uninstall it from the original hub.

You could try if it works and if don’t work then return it.

There is also an integration of Tuya smart and smart Life apps with smartthings, which may works.

I ran into the same issue. Bought the Lidl Parkside valve. Connected it to my Smartthings hub. Changed the device type to Zigbee Valve.

After 1 minute the valve closes automatically unfortunately.

Today I bought the Lidl Silvercrest hub for 19 euro’s and hooked up the valve using the Lidl Smarthome app.

If you open the valve using the Lidl app, by default it will also close after one minute. You can however set a timer, for 10 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, whatever you like. For testing purposes I have set it to 1 hour.

I connected the valve to Smartthings again and now it’s not closing after one minute anymore! I didn’t test it for the entire hour but I think this scenario does solve the problem.

So thanks for the suggestion @Mariano_Colmenarejo

/Cc @lucien

1 Like

@roels,
Does the battery level information work fine in the lidl app?
only for curiosity!
Although I see that it has a low battery indication on the valve itself
Thank you.

It shows a full battery icon in the Lidl app.

I will hook it up to the Lidl app again tomorrow and make a screenshot.

1 Like