[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

I wish I knew. The “wet” is coming from the device, not the device handler. What I have done is go into the device settings and change the battery options.

By changing the “Min Voltage” to a slightly higher value it will make ST think the battery is a little lower. This way it will go to 0% just before it actually would set off the alarm. I am using…

Max Voltage: 4.5
Min Voltage: 2.7

but it depends on your batteries…

1 Like

Great, thanks for the tip.

Mine do the same thing when the batteries get so low that it cant sence water any more even if it can still sends temp.
I think thts i good thing.
To reset just put your wet finger on the contacts until it starts beeping than when it dries it will read dry. (After replacing the batteries)

I have 9 of these sensors. My wife hated them until I did the battery level thing. The would always go off at 3 or 4 in the morning. They never went to low battery during the day.

I got my used Wink hub from Amazon the other day for $30. I am updating the hub now so I can begin updating my sensors. The hub is taking forever to upgrade.

i have a wink hub that i did not use for a year now
turned it on, wanted to add the sensor and would not do it before updating my wink. now i’m on wink 3.8.1 and my sensor has been connected for days and would not update firmware

I have 1f

how do fix this issues? i called leaksmart and they said just keep it connected…

LeakSmart told me that Wink just released the latest version of the firmware and it might take a few days to get out, whatever that means. Mine haven’t updated either.

Oh, wait… you are on version “1f”?

I meant b1f
Same as the same battery draining version

Any luck with your sensor updating? Mine is not
Do I need to link he valve as well to update?

There is No you do not need to link the Valve.
Are you still at Ver. 1F?
That should have updated to at least 26, should only take 20 min. or less!

Have you got the latest ver. firmware for the Wink Hub?

Yes I have the latest hub version
Has been connected for. More than a week and still not updated

That is odd!!!
It just worked for me.
It was a year ago so maybe wink broke there firmware sence then.

Worked fine for me using a 1st gen Wink hub about a month ago. My LeakSmart sensor firmware updated automagically to v26.

All of mine are on v26, however I have been told by leakSmart that v34 was recently release by Wink for OTA updates. I have had my v26 sensor on the Wink network for 2 weeks, no update. I was able (6 months ago or so) update to v26 using a Winkn hub.

I am going to contact Wink and leakSmart again next week.

If anyone has any of these leakSmart sensors that they are too frustrated with and want to sell them at a reasonable price, PM me.

My local Home Depot had the LeakSmart water sensors on clearance for $18 each this past weekend. Maybe worth a look where you are?

I cleaned my HD out about a year ago. Got 8 of them for $18 each. What city is your HD?

@whoismoses
Was you able to update to v34?

I just got an email from wink saying that they had been sold!

Not with the wink hub. :unamused:

Sent them all to leakSmart.