[OBSOLETE] Host Pinger (IP based Online State / Presence)

I am using this to ping the machine it is installed on, could that be the issue?

There is no reason you canā€™t ping the machine itā€™s on, however if will always be ā€œonlineā€ because if you shut it down then then the app will shut down, so wont send offlineā€¦

PM me the console screenshot of the first few lines after you open the exe, I assume it states online? In which case it is working?

Will have to do that when I get home at 5:30, canā€™t screen shot the home pc from work.

I was able to take a screen shot of the consol from my phone. It seems to be working. So when I flip a switch what should I see, right now I do not see anything in the consol or the IDE.

Can you delete the screenshot from he above post as it has your access token in it?

What do you mean flip a switch? This is looking to ping an IP, if the device is found it will show online, if not it will show offline, but you canā€™t turn on and off the computer running the pinger?

The host that i made in the app is labeled Home PC and it shows [online}. So is that it, does that mean it is working? I figured I would see logs somewhere showing a ping or something. Does the consol not show you anything other than searching?

Also, when I go into the app and look at last events it so no data.

All you need on the screen is offline online. No need to see everytime it pings as this would totally clutter the screen. Have you checked out my tutorial on how to have ST turn on/off your PC? It has examples on how to setup Host Pinger properly.

1 Like

In terms of showing online then yes that is it, but you canā€™t run the exe on the same machine you want to monitor as I mentioned aboveā€¦

In terms of the log screen seems there is a bugā€¦ just trying to work it out now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take 1.7 of the code from github, the logging should now be fixedā€¦

1 Like

It is Working!!! Was probably working the whole, time, but without logs in the IDE I had no idea. Here is what I did. I turned off my virtual switch, I closed out the consol. I started up the consol and looked at my phone and watched the Virtual Switch turn back on!!!

This is exactly what I wanted thank you for the help it is much appreciated.

1 Like

Looks like logs are working now, it just showed PC online which it has never done, thank you again.

Yep, have 90% of it setup will finish the rest tonight. PC on and off works so far, just need to do the activity switch. I did add a new switch for PC reboot, which is working as well.

1 Like

Awesome! Difficulty level from 1-10?

How do I get this to run in the backround or run as a service on a PC?

Google is your friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did this last night and got a 1067 error, application terminated. any ideas?

Hmm, not sureā€¦ I donā€™t run as a serviceā€¦ If I have some time Iā€™ll take a look tonight to see if I can replicate the issueā€¦ I know there was a change required in the code for the plex version of this exe, I thought the change was included in this oneā€¦ but Iā€™ll need to try to figure out what it was :slight_smile:

@Gergor - You were trying to set this up as a service ages ago, did you have any luck?

I got what I needed, I just wanted it to run in the tray. I found a little program that moves it to the tray so all is perfect, thank you for the help.

2 Likes

Could you share the link, may be useful to others :slight_smile: