[OBSOLETE] Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge

Hi all,
I’m using homebridge with homebridge-smartthings plugin to connect my Smartthings devices to Siri.
But recently I’m adding more devices that are not on my Smartthings HUB,
like some applescripts to run on my Mac, and basic iTunes control using homebridge-applescript-file and homebridge-applescript-file-lightbulb.

They run perfectly from Siri, but now I want to add them to smartthings as well, so I can do some automation using CoRE.
Do any of you know of a way to add homebridge devices to -> smartthings
(*not the other way around)

Thanks
Gil :slight_smile:

Please see my post 451 above as an example: You can add them as a virtual switch in SmartThings and interact with them via Automations in the Apple Home app. (e.g. if virtual switch turned on, turn on device. or if device turned on, turn on virtual switch).

If you are using a virtual dimmer switch you can perform different actions based on to 100 different dim-level % (e.g. if device A is on set dimmer to 30%, if device B is on set virtual dimmer to 40%)

If I add a device should it automatically get added to HomeKit?

No, you have to add it to the JSON first

1 Like

Add to JSON file and restart the Homebridge service so that it discovers them. (I have my Pi restart every evening to do this automatically).

1 Like

I have had Homebridge actually auto pick up a new device after adding it to json.

I’m following the instructions on homebridge-smartthings at npm. All goes well until I have to open the SmartThings app on my phone. There I do not see “My Apps” at the bottom of the list.

So I can’t select “JSON Complete API” from the list because I can’t see it anywhere. Gotta be something obvious I’m messing up. Any ideas?

Thank you.

ST changed the interface in recent mobile app update. Go to Automation (bottom) > SmartApps (top) MyApps will be all the way down.

Did you publish the "JSON Complete API"i n the ide?

1 Like

Yes, I finally saw that it was not published. I viewed the code and selected Publish from there and presto it showed up in the app.

I updated the SmartThings app and selected the devices I wanted in Homebridge.

Started Homebridge and it runs and sees all platforms (Wink, SmartThings, Wemo Maker). SmartThings devices are not showing up.

Here is my JSON platform section:
“platform”: “homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings”,
“name”: “SmartThings”,
“app_url”: “https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/”,
“app_id”: “___02223-d8b3-458f-986b-c0d6938e542d”,
“access_token”: “____6d70-7d1b-4b1f-a6bd-90aba1f31285”,
“polling_seconds”: 600,
“update_seconds”: 1

The app_id and access_token I got out of the SmartApp. Is that right? (I put some __ over some characters as I wasn’t sure if this was something to publish)

Anything else new to add?

Thanks guys!

Your app URL might be wrong. Mine is https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/API/Smartthings/installation/

1 Like

Next adult beverage is on me, Jason. Thank you sir.

1 Like

I think Siri has to much to drink sometimes.

Does anyone have a correct way to have homebridge start on boot on ubuntu 16.10. Ive tried every way that pertains to the raspberry pi but it always fails. Running homebridge does work correct logged in under root.

Hi

I have used the following instructions and it has worked for me everytime

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timleland.com/setup-homebridge-to-start-on-bootup/amp/?client=safari

These instructions will work for Ubuntu as well

1 Like

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea why nothing loads when i run homebridge. Below I’ve pasted the output after I start homebridge. It says 0 accessories and 0 platforms loaded. I’ve also pasted a copy of my confid.json below that. I"m trying to get things loaded in steps. Smartthings first, then accessories(Leviton switches and outlets). Right now, I can see homebridge in iDevices on my phone but that’s as far as I’m getting. I was reading that if devices are selected in Smartthings app, but plugins aren’t available, information will come up to produce a plugin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-smartthings
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Registering platform ‘homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings’
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] —
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 0 platforms.
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] —
Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:

┌────────────┐     
│ 031-45-154 │     
└────────────┘     

[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.

{
“bridge”: {
“name”: “Homebridge”,
“username”: “CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30”,
“port”: 51826,
“pin”: “031-45-154”
},
“platform”: “homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings”,
“name”: “SmartThings”,
“app_url”: “https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/API/Smartthings/installation/”,
“app_id”: “xxx”,
“access_token”: “xxx”,
“polling_seconds”: 600,
“update_seconds”: 1
}

Did select any devices in the JSON API app in Smartthings?

Yes,

I selected one switch just to get things started. I have a total of 2 switches and 2 outlets that I’d like to get working with homebridge.

Thanks

In the JSON API there is a Device Results menu, can you see your devices there?

Have you checked if the json.conig matches exactly what’s in the CONFIG menu in the JSON API app?

I have an odd issue with Hombridge. I have sat down many times and put the items in the correct room. A few days later POOF they are all back in the default room.

Anyone else seen this?