[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

Yeah, ST confirmed the bug in the Android app but thankfully it’ll be fixed in the next ST App release. For now, one workaround was given above

The other way is to open the code and input parameters, in all of them change the required field to:

required: false

That should work for now.

I actually did change the handler to set everything to false when i was trying to make it work. It did get me past the saving issue but the camera image still doesn’t show. Live mode does work however.

That’s a timing issue between camera, platform and hub. See the first post FAQ’s to resolve. Quickest fix would be reboot camera and powercycle the hub. Other fixes/causes are given in the first post (also depends up on internal or external IP, time taken to forward image from camera to platform etc)

Validated the FAQ’s but I’m still unable to get video. The camera and snapshot worse but never the video using Foscam FI-9800poutdoor camera… I am using a public IP and port forwarding is enabled.

That then likely is a phone issue not supporting the protocol (assuming that there are no connection issues like delays or lost packets). To confirm the latter try doing it on the internal network, if it still doesn’t work then it’s the phone’s capabilities.

I don’t see how an iPhone model would stop the video from streaming if they are on the same OS

1 Like

As I had mentioned in an earlier post it worked on one model of the iPhone / iOS but not another in our lab. Can’t explain it you’ll have to ask ST. It’s how the ST app works, nothing to do with the DH.

Would be awesome if they opened it up so you could build custom UI to interact with ST.

I am having trouble getting my camera F19821P to work in ST here are my settings
IP 192.168.1.27
Port 88
username *****
password *****

RTSP Port "blank"
HD Mode on
Enable HD MJPEG on

I can get video with this url
192.168.1.27:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=xxx&pwd=xxx
and also in the Foscam app
and by 192.168.1.27 then lo in

I did follow directions at http://smartthings.rboyapps.com and at the top
None of the video or the controls work.

Thanks

Have you been through the troubleshooting steps in the first post above? If no controls are working then your ST hub can’t communicate with your camera.

I do see that in edit device at "Device Network Id * "
it says “null:0058” I can change it to “2000” nut it keeps going back to "null:0058"
Would that be my issue?

Yes that was it I had another ZigBee Id that was 2000 I changed it and changed yours back to 2000 and it stayed and now works.

1 Like

Since I didn’t see it posted here, I recieved an email from Smartthings regarding a firmware update coming tomorrow (8/15/2016) between 10am-2pm that should fix the issue (memory leak, I was told) I was having with my hub disconnecting if I had the refresh time on my camera motion detector set too low. I await the update, and will report back tomorrow with my results!

1 Like

hi just come across this and wanted to know will this work with foscam r4?

It should work with all Foscams and other cameras using Foscam compatible firmware.

So, as promised I said I would update after the latest firmware, and I’m sad to say that my issue persists even with the latest firmware (000.015.00003). I’ll get back in touch with support in regards to getting a replacement hub.

1 Like

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 3.2.9

• Minor improvements to GUI
  • Improved initial setup process

###Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp - version 2.6.5

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

Is Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler 3.2.9 new as of today as the last change in the notes is (2016-7-26). The Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor Smart does have today’s date.

Is there a different install process to use more camera’s? You can’t use the same device id for more then one device.

No, just that there was no “formal” release for the minor updates, just making it formal now. If you’re on the 3.2.9 version you’re good.

As for additional cameras, just use any random ID or increment it by 1, it’ll be replaced once the IP address is entered in the settings. So even is you use 2000 it won’t conflict since it’ll change it once you enter the IP address.