[OBSOLETE] Aeon WallMote Dual & Quad - 2 & 4 Button

Same here. The wallmote is not functioning after conversion to new Smartthings app.
Clear Cache and Data did not change. First view of Wallmote icon shows Checking Status. First click on the wallmote icon display a message stating “we need to download an add-on…”. The icon changes from looking like 4 buttons to a slider/dimmer switch icon.

After that, when attempting automation with Smart Lighting App to configure an off/on function on the Wallmote, it goes to a blank screen with just NEXT at the bottom. After saving, you can’t edit that Smart Lighting App automation just created. It reads “we are having trouble connecting…” and blows out of Smart Lighting. I deleted the automation by editing the device via the IDE.

1 Like

Changed device handler to “Z-wave Multi Button” and was successful at getting it to be recognized and saved with Smart Lighting. Only problem is it doesn’t work with Smart Lighting when pressed.
But, the Device Handler allows you to use Automation per button in the device screen with pressed and held options.
Not as slick as Eric’s but will work for basic functions.

1 Like

No error in the IDE log after looking. Was registering commands correctly but on the new Smartthings app it was taking the press of one button and making all routines/scenes/lighting commands happen for all buttons on the quad.

I deleted the device and have been trying to add it back with no success.

I deleted the device thinking I would do the same thing. I can not get the device to recognize at all now as a new device. when it’s done the syncing process it lights up blue like it’s registered but cant find it in the app.

I’ve reset the device plenty of times now.

Here is the options of my wallmote quad in the new app. No options for buttons 1-4

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve migrated to the new app (and a new hub as well) and am successfully using the erocm123 : Aeon WallMote DH.

I also tried using it with Smart Lighting, but ended up invoking scenes directly from the device.

1 Like

I am getting ready to migrate and changed the DTH to the one at the top of the list, I am assuming that is the native driver. I also set up using Smart Lighting, but ran into a problem. I am able to program the four buttons as pushed, but when I try to set up each button with the held command I only can get a scene to go on but not off when held again. Also, I thought if I am using the native DTH and Smart Lighting it would run local. Am I wrong with that idea?

Also, anyone used the new app with the Ikea dual button the one that has a top and bottom button with push and held?

I get the same screen, is there anyway to get the buttons back?
ATM the buttons are sort of working in Smartlighting but I can edit anything, then it breaks the function.

EDIT: I switched from Eric’s super DH to the built in one and then I get the possibility to assign actions for one button directly under the button but just one, button 2-4 just loads a screens and then I’m back to the button and I’m not able to use automations nor Smart Lighting.
So that DH isn’t working.

Could I ask where you get to see this screen? Is it in the button smartapp? It seems down here in Australia we dont get any of the standard smart apps in the new ST app.

I find occasionally when I go into the Device screen in the new App it briefly shows options for configuring double press, but then refreshes quickly, leaving only press and hold options.

I am trying in the end to get toggle behaviour out of both press and hold, but not having any luck with either using either the OOTB DH or Eric’s Aeon Wallmote handler.

If the button smart app was available it looks
Ike this might be possible. Without it I am not sure.

Hey Tas,

Delete the DH in the IDE and re-install it. make sure you go in through the new app to re-setup, not classic. That’s what worked for me.

1 Like

Need help!
Can’t see any adjustable buttons … and where is the icon?
Must i update the firmeware of the quad wallmotes? If yes, how?

You will not ‘see’ any buttons on that screen, and the UI you’re referring to is from Classic - this DTH hasn’t been updated for New - so you won’t see the ‘configure’ icon. That also means this device is using the old style of presenting its button devices so you’ll have to use a smartapp such as SmartLighting or Advanced Button controller to map the buttons.

I use the Advanced Button Controller SmartApp: [BETA] Advanced Button Controller (ABC) - SmartApps & Automations / Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community

Thank you for your answer. I’ll take a closer look at it and try it out.

Hi all,
I used the Fibaro HC3 before and now switched to Smartthings. With HC3 I had a LUA script to toggle the a light or switch with a single button click e.g. Button #1 swtiched on and off the light. This gives then many options more to define on the wallmote. Is there a similar possibility with SmartThings?
many thanks!

Yes, you can use a button controller to toggler a light on and off so that one button will function for both. I use the ABC Button Controller.

The Smart Lighting smartapp can toggle lights, as well as performing a different action (e.g., a different color temperature.)

I use this approach with a Quad wallmote, as well as most of my other multibutton controllers.

Great, would you mind quickly describe how I can do that?
Many thanks

As you are going through the steps to add the device and the button, there is an option for “Toggle on and off”. Select that.

Assuming you have the Smart Lighting smartapp installed, here’s screen shot of my setup that toggles my bedside lamp on and off. The key is the “Toggle on and off” option towards the bottom.

Just for completeness, you can now achieve the same result with the “On or Off” option in a regular automation, so the Smart Lighting app isn’t needed for simple cases. The app still is helpful when the DH for your button controller doesn’t show all the buttons, though.

1 Like