I received my Aeon HEM v1 from Amazon, paired it with my ST v2 hub, but have not successfully gotten ANY readings out of it consistently.
I plan to use it for washer and dryer notifications, so I have primarily tried “dual clamp” DTHs which support reading current from each sensor individually. I have also tried jscgs350’s DTH, as it seems like the most frequently updated, although I am unsure if supports reading clamps individually.
Here is a Gist link showing the DTHs that I have attempted to use. Not trying to avoid giving credit to those who developed code, but without using GitHub integration, the API makes it difficult to track where the DTH originally came from: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4feb889186b6a2009ce0883255c55c47
I have tried the troubleshooting techniques that I have read about in existing threads:
- All DTH generally behave the same – No readings from either clamp sensor
- I have tried battery and AC and have used with the black button other than for the initial pairing.
- I have also not connected it to a PC for firmware updates.
- In the API’s “List Events”, all I have seen are “configure” requests, battery/AC transitions, and the occasional “0 watts” from clamps.
- On one single occasion, I did get a reading of 3.5W, but I think it was a fluke.
As far as I can tell, the connectors for the clamps are fully seated. I have unplugged and re-plugged the connectors as well. I have not tried using any SmartApps – just DTHs.
Do I have a dud? Should I ask Amazon for an exchange? Or is there some crucial setup piece that I missed?
Thanks for reading,
P.S.: DTHs present two buttons to SmartThings but I only see the one under the battery cover. Anyone know what the other button is?