No motion detected from Ikea Trådfri Motionsensor

Can you confirm your Hub as in v2 v3 Aeotec, Firmware and ST Zigbee Motion Sensor version please? I’m on 045.11 Firmware and ST Motion Sensor Driver is 8th Nov 22 with a SmartThings v3 Hub.

Community user Resolution in Link ABOVE.
Like others here no joy with movement detection with the IKEA Tradfri motion sensors on SmartThings. It really doesn’t appear Samsung are trying to fix this issue as I’ve seen posts on Reddit going back to July regarding this issue. Anyway as someone totally new to Smarthings it wasn’t clear that there is a User community driver that seems to resolve this. It’s been posted here before. The “Zigbee motion sensor MC” driver. MC stands for Mariano_Colmenareo (The creator. Thank you Mariano) Use the link ABOVE to enroll your hub into his drivers. Once you do this find that driver in the list of available drivers and install it into your hub. Then when you select other drivers in smartthings for the IKEA sensor that one will appear after it was installed and Hallelujah it works at least for me. Use the link ABOVE to enroll your hub. Install the Driver from his list of many drivers. Select the. Zigbee Motion Sensor MC on the IKEA sensor in smarthings and hopefully like me your IKEA sensor will no longer be a useless paperweight.

It looks like this has FINALLY been resolved. The driver from the 17th Nov 2022 looks like it works the previous driver on the 11th of Nov didn’t work this one does. I’ve got two IKEA sensors. One running the Zigbee Motion Driver MC and I’ve just tried the Smart Things Zigbee Motion Sensor Driver 2022-11-17T06:30:29.982770225. Hallelujah

1 Like

I seem to be experiencing this same issue on both the default edge driver and the MC version no motion being detected. Are there any other settings I can play with?

I got this problem since 28 March 2023, the same day as I got a new Zigbee Motion Sensor Driver on my Smartthings Hub. Driver 913018895.

Would you recommend to just wait for a fix with new driver? Or could I solve this somehow?

Install @Mariano_Colmenarejo “Zigbee motion sensor MC” driver. Link is posted above