*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Oh that’s new and cool! I just updated it and played around with it.
If I set my desired humidity lower than it is then the Humidifier setting in the App is set to OFF which is exactly what I would expect
I tried to set the desired humidity higher than it is, the Humidifier setting in the ecobee App goes ON and the new humidity target level is SET.

That’s great, I will play around a bit more tomorrow and see the reaction when I leave the house but that is a function which could save a lot of water.

The only issue is (and it’s more a question for an HVAC tech) even though the Humidity is lower than the target, the humidifier will turn ON only if the Heating and Blower are ON.
Right now outside temp is 38F / 88% hum, and inside 69F / 33% so because it won’t heat and I’ll stay at 32%, no way I can reach 36%.

So I don’t know if it could be good to force the Blower ON and Humidifier ON to maintain the Humidity at the desired level whether heating is needed or not.
You can achieve that when you set the Humidifier type to Steam instead of Evaporative in the Ecobee setup, I tested it and it works great humidity levels rise, but they are different opinion on the Internet about if that’s good or not for the air ducts…
I guess this doesn’t really matter for the Humidity SmartApp since it will rely how the equipment is setup at Evaporative or Steam, but maybe a variable also to expose to the SmartApp?

Just got this set up with the smartsapps controlling away and program resume. Looks to be working just fine so far. Great work!

1 Like

Hi @Francky,

With the current ecobee API implementation, there is no way to change this setting (Steam vs.Evaporative), so it’s not possible to do such in a smartapp.

Regards.

Hi @mhadler, I haven’t received anything from you yet, so I assume that your issues are solved.

If not, please refer to my previous post.

Regards.

I think that’s perfectly fine, it’s more a setup feature and you need to know what you’re doing, what will be the requirement on the Humidifier and impact on your water bill when you setup to Steam instead of Evaporative (when you have an Evaporative one of course)

Being testing the Humidity App and it works great… I get Humidifier ON only when in Home and Night Mode… perfect!

1 Like

Wanted to give Yves a shoutout here. Had an issue with my specific setup in the app the other day and within 24 hours of reaching out to him for support he had identified the problem and corrected it in my settings. And within a matter of days he pushed a new update out that corrected the source of the problem.

That’s the second time I’ve encountered some break point in my setup, and both times he has corrected it for me in less than a day. Fantastic support.

3 Likes

Second the shoutout for Yves. We know the core smartthings environment changes frequently, which is mostly a good thing but that means the devices and apps need to update as well. Yves software has been updated frequently and has been solid thru the recent ST system updates. Huge.

1 Like

This app is AMAZING!!! Well Done!

1 Like

Thanks @yvesracine
Since the release of v5, I haven’t had any disconnects with my 5 Ecobee’s and remote sensors. The dth and SmartApp are very stable. Nice job!

2 Likes

I am still learning my way around the application, but my initial experience is that this is very useful !!

More to come !

1 Like

@mkaplan2534, I think that you have 5 or 6 ecobee thermostats at your location and many more remote sensors, so that’s good news! Amongst my contributors, you have the highest number of ecobee thermostats in one single location to my knowledge…

Yves’s Ecobee smartapp ROCKS! I am a newbie to SmartThings and his instructions were very clear and easy to install within 5 minutes. Yves’s app does way way way more than the stock app from SmartThings. Merci Yves.

1 Like

Is there a way for the Vacation mode (pre-configured via the ecobee website) from the Ecobee to trigger a mode change, or even SHM alarm mode?

Hi @JB_Bentz, you can use the attribute ‘programType’ in My ecobee Device and watch for any change of value to ‘vacation’.

I don’t know if you can code a smartapp with an event handler for this. You can also use a rule engine like Smart Rules or Core.

Regards

Integration was smooth and works great

1 Like

You made my Ecobee3 and ST like each other! Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, I started googling how I’d go about controlling vents with my ecobee, and you’ve written something over the past two years to do it. Thank you - you’re awesome!

1 Like

I have another question regarding your ScheduleRoomTempControl app. The Dynamic threshold setting mentions PLUS or MINUS of the setpoint. The default is 0, but when I go to edit it, the only options I get in the app (iPhone) are numbers, with no hyphen to say -3 of the setpoint. I want my vents to close before I hit the setpoint so that as the Ecobee averages the temperatures my typically ‘too hot’ room doesn’ keep heating. Am I missing something?

Hi, I use mostly Android OS at home and I can enter the minus sign before the digits w/o issues. There must be a way to do it in iOS as it’s a decimal field.
Regards

I’m not so sure. The app must indicate to iOS that the entry is numeric, so I get a number pad, versus the full keyboard.

To get around it, I’ll probably just change the default in the code from zero, but as any FYI it is worth looking into.